Suggestions to Repair Eton Field Tuning Knob

ihardouin

Hi all,

I bought a used Eton Field BT recently for very cheap that works great, except the tuning knob - both large and small on the radio - are unresponsive. Does anyone have history or tips with repairing this? Does it require any special parts or equipment? I am wondering if something is stuck, or if an internal part broke - rendering repair to be much more difficult. Thanks!

TAC4

Sorry this is a dumb question but are you sure the key lock is not
on ? (the button below the power button also it will show a key icon in the display if it is activated) I tried mine and when in the locked position both my tuning knobs are unresponsive.

Skippy 🇨🇦

ihardouin

Thanks - not a dumb question - but the key lock is not on. The tuning knobs are legit disabled.

TAC4

Thanks - not a dumb question - but the key lock is not on. The tuning knobs are legit disabled.
That sucks I was hoping is was something simple.
Did you try the factory reset button bottom right corner ? If you look at radiojayallen's web site you will see a photo of the front cover off, if it was presumably the tuning knob pot you would not be able to buy that part,in other words it it not worth fixing like most things made in China, just my opinion. Sorry not to be of much help they are great DX radios for the price point.

Skippy 🇨🇦