Suggestive Advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deparker

Feed Provider
I have, within the last day or two, received a couple of complaints from listeners to my feed that they are seeing scantily clad women and "invititations" for contacting lonely women in their area in the ads that are run on the feed pages. What's up with that?

Needless to say my superiors are less than thrilled. I pitched to them that this was the best site to use to host our "official feed". This recommendation was partially based on my past experience of not seeing those types of ads.

I am now being directed to terminate using RadioReference.com to broadcast the feed unless I can provide an assurance that this was an anomaly.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

bezking

I would advise you to email Lindsay (the site owner) directly: webmaster@radioreference.com .

I have never seen this before and I think I can say with certainty that this is a very very unusual occurrence - and that Lindsay will take prompt action regarding the issue (he's stated before that he hates bad ads)...

If you see such an ad personally in the future, report it to google (the ad provider) - you can do this by clicking the "Ads By Google" and following the links to report an ad. (see the screenshot below)

Thanks,
bezking - Site Moderator

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-29 at 8.03.26 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-29 at 8.03.26 PM.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

Astrak

I'm seeing some questionable CD album covers being advertised by AOL music, that might be what was seen.

deparker

Feed Provider
I will notify Lindsay. I will also touch base with the individuals who stated they saw them to see if I can get any particulars.

I have not seen any myself and I have talked to several people I know who supply feeds or frequent these pages. Each one has said they have not seen any ads of this type either.

Thanks,

richtidd

Database Admin
I have, within the last day or two, received a couple of complaints from listeners to my feed that they are seeing scantily clad women and "invititations" for contacting lonely women in their area in the ads that are run on the feed pages. What's up with that?

Needless to say my superiors are less than thrilled. I pitched to them that this was the best site to use to host our "official feed". This recommendation was partially based on my past experience of not seeing those types of ads.

I am now being directed to terminate using RadioReference.com to broadcast the feed unless I can provide an assurance that this was an anomaly.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I see you plan to do the embedded player on your web site.
That should solve the problem when you do that.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
It is still happening. I just saw one while perusing the Uniden Home Patrol thread. The offending site is zoosk.com and the ad shows some rather risque shots of women and asks "do you want a girlfriend?".

Hopefully that will help Lindsay fix the issue. We certainly don't want stuff like that showing up here as alot of folks (myself included) surf RR from work quite a bit.

-AZ

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see one. The AOL music first picture. It took a double take to see what it is actually.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Use Firefox with Adblock Plus. Haven't seen ads here since I joined quite a while ago.

Rich

It's not really his issue. He was responsible for an official feed being set up with RR, and now the visitors to the feed are seeing the ads......kinda hard to tell every potential listener to change their browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.