Sulphur Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bownasterm

I believe tonight I heard Sulphur Springs FD on the DFD Channel 8 coming in loud and clear. I was picking them up in Plano TX, how odd has anyone else been able to hear this? I think thats 40+ miles

SCPD

QRT
Thats Odd. Sulfer Springs fire use 154.4300 PL: 203.5 for most of their stuff.

460.62500 465.62500 WNGL439 RM 156.7 PL Fire: is Hopkins County Fire and moving to a VHF repeater replacing the UHF entirely. and Greenville Fire is on: 453.60000/458.60000 PL: 156.7

Last edited:

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
463.125 is one of those Med channels (Med 1 - Med 10) that almost everybody (EMS/ambulance/hospital) has access to. I see Hopkins County uses 463.125 as their primary EMS channel w/107.2 PL where DFD uses it with a 173.8 tone.

Their has been some real good local skip the past few days. Maybe that's contributing.

Russell

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Incredible Daytime skip out of East Texas. I'v been hearing Wood, Van Zandt, Hopkins and Raines crystal clear the last few days.

Yeah I forgot about Hopkins EMS using 463.1250. Lamar EMS also use one of those "Med-8" channels with a 265 DCS tone. I generally Lock out EMS, there Channel Hogs. you can only listen to so many Snake bite calls a day.

af5rn

UHF "skip" isn't particularly unusual. I've heard Houston FD on DFD radios in Dallas before when the conditions were right. What is unusual is if Sulphur Springs is using a MED channel for dispatching. That is not allowed by FCC regulation, last I heard. They are reserved exclusively for ambulance-to-hospital communications.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
UHF "skip" isn't particularly unusual. I've heard Houston FD on DFD radios in Dallas before when the conditions were right. What is unusual is if Sulphur Springs is using a MED channel for dispatching. That is not allowed by FCC regulation, last I heard. They are reserved exclusively for ambulance-to-hospital communications.

Fire and EMS Dispatch is performed on another, non-MED, channel. This is listed as the EMS only channel. The actual license is held my Hopkins County Hospital.

SCPD

QRT
I heard Inter-continental Airport Police up here on Lamar Co. Public Works a few months ago, so no UHF skip aint rare.

Hopkins Co. EMS run A TON of traffic on that channel. None of its Dispatch, per sai. But All EMS and Sul-Springs EMS report to Hopkins Memorial on it. Hopkins does have a Brutally over worked EMS team who run a lot of calls and thus, rack up a lot of Medical reports.

Boulder

Max you are right Hopkins Co EMS is very over worked. I usually have to lock out that channel becuase it's so busy it won't allow my scanner any other time to scan to pick up other channels. But yes very good skip coming in, have been picking up some locations pretty good ways away from me on my mobile antenna in my truck. Dallas PD & FD and some of trunked systems out there in Dallas and Rockwall have even been coming in very loud and clear here in northern wood county. All my channels I'm waiting to hear traffic on to grab the squelch codes for have been busy just with the wrong people I want on there.

af5rn

Anyone know anything about Hopkins County EMS? Are they a county agency? Hospital based agency? Private contractor? Do they run only emergencies, or do they do routine transfers too? How many units? Any info would be appreciated.

Boulder

They are a hospital based EMS owned by Hopkins County Memorial Hospital which is associated with Baylor Health Systems. They have a fleet of 5 ambulances with 2 on staff 24/7 and a third on call if needed. I also heard they provide service in Delta county too with 2 ambulances up that way but not for sure 100% on that one. Maybe Max can confirm that. For those transfers that require a quicker transfer, ETMC's Air One North from Titus County usually makes most pick-ups for transfers back to Tyler or Dallas for the more serious patients.

bownasterm

Well what leads me to believe it was a dispatch was

A) It was tones going out like fire tones
B) They gave an address and name of an apartment that after some googling appears to be in SS
C) They called themselves med 2 so if there is a med 2 in SS then sure enough it must have been a dispatch

So far I have not heard any other skip in the area except this.

SCPD

QRT
Great Skip comming in with this rain system. Listening to Titus & Franklin Counties.

Quick Question: LifeNet EMS in Clarksville is Who? They have their own repeater, Are they affilliated with anyone specific?

Boulder

LifeNet is separated into two divisions...the Texarkana Division has Little River and Miller Counties in AR and Red River, Bowie and Cass in NE TX. The other Division works around Hot Springs. I have heard LifeNet helo on the LifeNet Texarkana UHF channel for a stand-by once. They have a Bell 407 helo for air medical service. I believe they have about 32 MICUs. The Texarkana division has a communications center right off I-30 on the west side of Texarkana around the community of Nash and the other is in Hot Springs i believe. LifeNet's Board of Directors are appointed by the board of directors from CHRISTUS St. Michael and Wadley Regional Medical Center both in Texarkana

http://www.lifenetems.org/

Last edited:

af5rn

Holy crap! I think their Executive Director is a medic I worked with way back in the late 70s!

I been wondering where he went off to. :lol:

Boulder

Max, very great skip coming in. Picking up Parker Co P25 system from here in Northern Wood Co. on 154.7250 on the weatherford site loud and clear no garble. Been picking up from Dallas to Texarkana to Marshall and haven't tried any further south than Rusk Co. Picking up All DPS in NE TX from Sul. Springs, Greenville, Paris to Tyler and Canton to Texarkana and Marshall.

af5rn

Same here in Arlington. I don't even recognise half the traffic coming in over my conventional scanner today! I can't look up the addresses fast enough to keep up, lol!

SCPD

QRT
Its been Insane today! got two station walking All over Kaufman Co. Sheriff, can't ID them as Kaufman is the Dominant station. Also hearing Clarksville as if I were in the city itself. did a search on 800 and got three control channels from Oklahoma and The Bi-State system. Tapering off slighty as Hopkins Co. Fire 155.1975 DCS: 654 is chopping slightly.

Yes - Off topic here, Sorry (Maybe we need a "localized" Skip/Ducting Sticky in the Texas forums)

Thanks for the LifeNet info. Back to thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.