Summer is around the corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Most usually, the NYC people that flood into the Jersey Shore area beach towns (and as some say, 'take over').

Most jersey-folk continue to push farther south to get away from them, but by the time you reach the Wildwoods, you have to deal with the hundreds of French-Canadians that take over southern Cape May County.

My wife and I just go to Rehoboth Beach, DE instead...

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Benny

what is a benny??

BENNY is a term people who live in the shore communities YEAR Round call anyone who comes in to vaction in their town..(It refers to the beach towns more or less)

Highpockets

Most usually, the NYC people that flood into the Jersey Shore area beach towns (and as some say, 'take over').

Most jersey-folk continue to push farther south to get away from them, but by the time you reach the Wildwoods, you have to deal with the hundreds of French-Canadians that take over southern Cape May County.

My wife and I just go to Rehoboth Beach, DE instead...

The good old days was when you could swim, fish and crab right off the pier near the Ferry in Elizabeth, you didn't have to go to the shore. Boy, are those days gone!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Most usually, the NYC people that flood into the Jersey Shore area beach towns (and as some say, 'take over')."
Guido/Guidette are the words that apply; an Italian-American/Brooklyn stereotype. Anything that looks like Johnny Revolting or oozed out of Grease qualifies, especially if it's wearing a gold "Guinea Horn". These are very specialized Bennies often with an agenda that involves Jersey girls and class warfare while the ordinary loud mouthed, arrogant SOBs who think they own us generally come from anywhere north of the Raritan River and smell like horse shoe crabs.

Scott, you've been hiding in the sand too long. Urban legend has our Mason-Dixon Line a little bit here and there but generally it lies somewhere between Toms River and Lacy. Once you cross you find life changes drastically, very much like the laid back rednecks and KKK relaxin' on the porch under the stars cradlin' a shotgun with the summer breezes in the Georgia pines, the ol' haun dawg gives a whine and drops off to sleep. Down there we call them Shoobies because coming in on the train from Philadelphia they carried their lunches in old shoe boxes. The railroad is gone having been replaced by Rte. 72 which brings them by the carload, I can pretty much guarantee today LBI is swollen and about to burst being a festering boil on the butt of New Jersey. Tomorrow brings comic relief as the masses jam the causeway trying to escape, reminds me of a million pounds of pus all trying to fit through a pin hole with a little spraying here, a little there.......POP!

Well Steve there is a park and recreation pier if you don't mind water that looks like BP peed in it as far down the ghetto as you can get in Lizardbreath, the city that makes it's own cheese.

"BENNY is actually an acronym for Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark and New York."
...but not limited to. There's more to this urban legend, those cities weren't picked at random but rather are stops along the railroad(s) where trains pick them up and drop them off via the CNJ and NY&LB/Pennsylvania.

Status
Not open for further replies.