SUMMERS COUNTY TRUNK FREQUENCIES

columbas

Premium Subscriber
I went to the SIRN portion of radio reference, and I did not find any listing for the county of SUMMERS for the SIRN ids. I know the state police does but nothing for the county like sheriff or another other county local list for SIRN. I am I overlooking something, or do they just do not use SIRN trunk for the county?

columbas

Premium Subscriber
That is all I found also. Only analog. You would think that all counties police fire and ambulance would be using Sirn by now. I was told by a fire fighter that Mingo county. Gilbert and basdin fire departments will be using sirn soon when they do. I will post the information. Thank you for your reply. Have a blessed day.

JethrowJohnson

That is all I found also. Only analog. You would think that all counties police fire and ambulance would be using Sirn by now. I was told by a fire fighter that Mingo county. Gilbert and basdin fire departments will be using sirn soon when they do. I will post the information. Thank you for your reply. Have a blessed day.
Wood County still only uses VHF for the most part, except for a few secure channels on SIRN, and over here in Washington County, Ohio, most stuff is still UHF. We're trying to get MARCS, but there's not enough money yet to switch over.

dintimid8or

Feed Provider
It is quite expensive to use SIRN exclusively. At my department we only have two SIRN radios, and they were furnished by OES. In addition, paging does not work on SIRN, so legacy systems are still required.