Summit Bechtel Reserve - Which System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvscanner

Database Admin
Boycott will end up using SIRN system from Glen Jean. This system is not very powerful so unless you live within 5 to 10 miles from the site you won't pick up the system. Last time they were some traffic coming off Beckley site. They had a remote location in Beckley during the event.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
As wvscanner said, the main brunt of traffic for the Summit is on SIRN -- and specifically the Glen Jean site and any temporary SIRN site that might get set up on site.

Those DMR frequencies certainly could be in use, but nobody has ever submitted data on them. Nobody knows if they are conventional trunked repeaters, or a Cap+ system or what. Nobody has submitted information about color codes / talk groups / LCNs. So you are basically on your own.

If you're going to be at the Summit, your best bet is to take a DMR capable scanner like a Whistler TRX-1/2, which will pretty much work by just throwing the DMR frequencies into it as a trunked system.

Good luck!

Mike

elsinga

I don't have a DMR capable scanner, but I do own a analog/DMR HT which I will bring along. It has a Monitor feature, which displays TG's and ID's in promiscuous mode. I will certainly try to write down some info.

As a quote from the manager of the commercial 2-way comms on Facebook: "We will have consoles for the public safety dispatch operations on theh WV SIRN system (UHF P25) and may have consoles on the on site MotoTRBO system. "

So SIRN will be used and maybe the onsite DMR, which is listed as Cap+ on the license (but maybe they don't use it like that).

I will be programming the on-site DMR repeaters in my HT and monitor them. SIRN I cannot monitor, my HT does not do P25 (and my analog scanner also doesn't, so I will not bring it along to save weight, space and valuables in my backpack).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I expect that if you are actually going to be attending the Summit, you'd probably find the traffic on the DMR frequencies more interesting than what is on SIRN anyway. I have a feeling much of the traffic on SIRN is probably logistics / security for the event. The on-site DMR would be interesting to me as well.

Anything you happen to discover while you are there, please consider posting for the rest of us ;) I'm sure you'll have a great time. I've never been there, but it sure looks like a beautiful place and a great event.

Mike

elsinga

I will take my tablet with me, so I can post updated info here is I find any. :)

My first job preference is HAM Radio (as I am a dutch HAM), my second is Security (so I might get to listen to SIRN anyway) and third is ICT Admin (since I'm in IT in daily life). The last could also involve 2-way radio's, if I get to see a codeplug I will for sure take notes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.