Summit County 800 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo1064

Recently I have been having trouble catching all the traffic on the Summit County System. Specifically, APD. I'm getting a lot of motorboating before and after conversations. Someone told me that Summit County was in the process of getting rebanded. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, has there been any updates to the database to reflect the changes?

Thanks in advance for your reply's

Mike

KWs

Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge, rebanding of public safety radios has not begun ... pending some sort of agreement with MARCS. That was as of the end of 2010. Public Works radios are in process of rebanding. I have not noticed any radio transmission breakups on my HP-1 of APD or AFD radio traffic.

We'll try to get more info from a couple of people in the know.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Update .. from official sources ... Public safety rebanding is delayed until MARCS can complete their frequency lineup. Most likely Oct or Nov at the earliest for Summit 800 rebanding.

D

davef1982

I use an XTS5000 to monitor the summit county system, and I haven't heard anything either. I will try using my Pro-106 and see if I notice it.

jojo1064

I have two scanners, one is used to provide the APD feed here. my 396T is the one having the problem. Guess its time for a new antenna!

thanks for the replies by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.