Summit County Jail frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
I've listened to the frequencies in the database for the summit county jail and i never hear anything are they low transmit power?Or did they move to the trunked system?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Since most county jails have no reason to communicate outside the jail their radios operate in simplex, that is by not going through a repeater. Basically handheld radio to handheld radio or maybe handheld to base radio. You would have to be very close to the jail to hear these transmissions.

I don't see any jail/corrections talk groups on the 800 system page.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
But this jail is listed as using a repeater in the database so if they are on simplex why is it listed as follows?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
In the database it also says it's only a 2/5 watt system. That would be a low power, local use repeater. A 5 watt repeater is not going to go more than a few blocks.

Last edited:

MotorolaDave

I've listened to the frequencies in the database for the summit county jail and i never hear anything are they low transmit power?Or did they move to the trunked system?

The jail does use a low power repeater. They do not have a simplex channel because the signal would not penetrate through all the cement and steel.

The jail uses both channels listed in the database. Channel 1 is quite busy, and channel 2 is used for longer transmissions that won't tie up the main channel. The jail is still using their UHF HT1000 portables for normal operations, but have several XTS5000's should they need to be in contact with someone on the Summit 800 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.