Summit County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
I am going to Summit County(Breckenridge) area next month and want to monitor PD/FD/EMS and it looks like everything is on VHF?

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Ok and I see PD and EMS on that TRS but no FD?
I see 2 sites in Summit Co Copper Mountain and Lake Hill, use one or both of those?

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
I do see Fire/EMS dispatch on the VHF conventional so maybe that is FD and dispatch only? Hopefully someone local can clarify, thanks again.

Steve2003

Actually, Summit County is using VHF for their primary comms still. A while back they had an RFP out to build their own P25 VHF system but it sounds like they will be doing a hybrid approach instead and plan to use both VHF and the state DTRS system (much like what Boulder County does).

The two primary dispatch channels for public safety are "Summit Law" (listed in the screenshot below as SummitCoLE) & "ES Dispatch" (emergency services dispatch, listed in the database as "Summit Co FD/EMS").

The VHF Ops chs are mainly used by fire/ems when responding to incidents but law also has the ability to use them. Each ops ch is assigned by location, each has repeaters located at different locations. The CMD chs are used the same way, but are repeated throughout the county.

As far as DTRS goes, those channels are used for ops/tac chs when coverage is bad or transporting outside of the county. Both CSP and the county also have radios on each system as well (it's not un-common to hear them on each other's systems). I'm sure the use of DTRS could be changing anytime in the near future once they start implementing their new "Hybrid" setup.

Look again, they appear to operate on this TRS. The locals should be able to tell you if any of the VHF conventionals listed are still active

View attachment 100233

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Steve, thank you for all the great information. We will be in the Rounds Rd/Highlands Dr area.
I will enter the VHF channels and DTRS system.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Steve, another question for you. We will be spending 1 night in Denver, downtown at a Marriott. It looks like the Denver P25 Phase II system is encrypted for all PD and FD? Looks like I might be able to monitor the FD Station tones on VHF? Anything else to monitor? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.