Sumner County Public Safety (TN) - UHF P25 Phase II Trunking System

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Sumner is anti M due to the guys that sold them on the MotoTRBO systems for GPD, and HPD, did great on sales,.. But the system was not set up correctly for HPD anyway at first and they had Helluva bad issues for a LONG time. As far as I know, GPD didn't have too much trouble on their system. Instead of blaming themselves for poor oversight or the actual guys that did the build... They just went on a anti M rip.... Thats what happens when you fail to use oversight, and do not get deeply involved in the set up process. You just went with the butterup from the salesmen! So of course the slick af Harris guys had a in to cut M out of the picture here.
I know the EMA director and I know they’ve been anti motorola for 20 plus years if I remember correctly. Gallatin loved motorola and I’ve gotten some input from what they’re currently using and they hate the new radios. 3 guys there from other agencies that used APXs thought what they had were little kid toys and are pretty disgusted. The higher ups there also say the same but the county owns the system so the city gets a good deal in loading on otherwise they’d go motorola in a heartbeat.

ToTheBitCave

Phreakness Monster
Premium Subscriber

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Did he import? I don't think the RR DB has all the frequencies. The second license on the ULS has 9 frequencies and not just 6

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
Finally figured it out, had bad connection at antenna. It would pull in my local Freq's, but after trying other surrounding counties and not getting nothing, I took antenna down and found that I had a bad cable end, that was barley making connection. Sorry for wasting everyone's's time..

ToTheBitCave

Phreakness Monster
Premium Subscriber
I had to lower my antenna all the way on my SDS200 for this system. For some reason, the attenuator prevents some known good/unencrypted TGs from coming through despite showing full strength. Ah well... even with the antenna down, I still get around -70dBm and with it up I see it drop to -60 and below and it distorts terribly. I heard an EMS person telling someone the new system works all the way down to Nashville and beyond. It's a hella strong strong system and would love to be able to see how they pulled it off/implemented it. Even driving down 109 yields near full strength with the antenna down... It's incredible!

Last edited:

jpryor

Heard some traffic on 1071 but didn't catch an RID. Anyone else?

My Unitrunker logs show usually EMS radios, with a small handful of clear transmissions between talk groups 1060-1072 over the past months. I dont have any recordings or any other notes, beyond also seeing EMA and Fire also on those channels at times. Likely a part of a clear zone of talk groups mostly for EMA, EMS, Fire use.

I do see that somebody is now providing a Broadcastify calls feed and multiple additional traditional feeds for various Sumner county activity.

Sumner County had a gunshot injury call midday today (was a female with accidental self-inflicted in the arm and leg). I noted EMS radio activity on talk group 1004 secure as part of that incident. From recordings on County EMS Dispatch, that 1004 was referred to as "Incident 4" and was also patched to the VHF control 1 repeater (analog/clear) for benefit of Life Flight landing zone coordination.

That likely makes...
1002 as "Incident 2" (clear)
1003 as "Incident 3" (secure)
1004 as "Incident 4" (secure)

All four of the main incident talk groups 1001-1004 also have corresponding dispatch console radios from 3000001, 3000002, 3000003, 3000004 that are usually on those channels. With Agency 3xxxxxx yet to be confirmed but likely reserved for county fire use.

Probable 1001 "Incident 1" which had been used for a structure fire with Hendersonville, would be available for general incident use as well. Likely will see more activity on these incident channels when other county fire and smaller fire departments are on board.

Talk groups 1001 through 1016 makes a good county incident zone with 16 channels. Also groups 1017 to 1032 as a secondary zone with another 16 channels. Some minimal traffic logged has been all secure on all but 1001, 1002.

ToTheBitCave

Phreakness Monster
Premium Subscriber
My Unitrunker logs show usually EMS radios, with a small handful of clear transmissions between talk groups 1060-1072 over the past months. I dont have any recordings or any other notes, beyond also seeing EMA and Fire also on those channels at times. Likely a part of a clear zone of talk groups mostly for EMA, EMS, Fire use.

I do see that somebody is now providing a Broadcastify calls feed and multiple additional traditional feeds for various Sumner county activity.

Sumner County had a gunshot injury call midday today (was a female with accidental self-inflicted in the arm and leg). I noted EMS radio activity on talk group 1004 secure as part of that incident. From recordings on County EMS Dispatch, that 1004 was referred to as "Incident 4" and was also patched to the VHF control 1 repeater (analog/clear) for benefit of Life Flight landing zone coordination.

That likely makes...
1002 as "Incident 2" (clear)
1003 as "Incident 3" (secure)
1004 as "Incident 4" (secure)

All four of the main incident talk groups 1001-1004 also have corresponding dispatch console radios from 3000001, 3000002, 3000003, 3000004 that are usually on those channels. With Agency 3xxxxxx yet to be confirmed but likely reserved for county fire use.

Probable 1001 "Incident 1" which had been used for a structure fire with Hendersonville, would be available for general incident use as well. Likely will see more activity on these incident channels when other county fire and smaller fire departments are on board.

Talk groups 1001 through 1016 makes a good county incident zone with 16 channels. Also groups 1017 to 1032 as a secondary zone with another 16 channels. Some minimal traffic logged has been all secure on all but 1001, 1002.

Great... Hopefully they don't encrypt everything :/

All that aside... Saw TG 1090 today, but what's interesting is the RIDs. JPryor, you mentioned the wiki and it shows 0 as LE, and 5 as Fire/EMS. Today I saw UIDs 1820821, 1820807, 1820806 and other 182XXXX RIDs on both 1090 and 4001. Any idea what department uses 8 as their designation?

Thanks

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Any idea/word when other fire groups will change to the TRS?

jpryor

Doc W4EMS-As for fire groups...ask and you shall receive. Millersville Fire went active this Monday. Radio IDs 65xxxxx with about 30 radios. Their main talk group is 1070. They are not all that busy, I suspect that is a 'dispatch' channel.

Hendersonville Fire and Sumner County EMS units have started more actively using the Incident channels for incident response for all types of calls this past week as well, not just larger incidents.

I would suspect we'll continue to see the smaller fire departments getting added over time, unless somebody has more details on a time line.

vcrtech-I have see the 18xxxxx radio IDs as well. Likely somebody who is not a normal law enforcement or fire/ems department. Seeing they are on mostly secure channels, but on occasion talking with law enforcement. One had talked with a Hendersonville PD unit on Hendersonville PD Dispatch, maybe unit 8xx over the radio. I am not familiar, but does Sumner County have some type of county wide group that does maybe something like process servers, probation/parole or jail transports or animal control, etc, and would not be part of the sheriff or a particular city police department? Seeing about 20 radios.