VectorWave

Hey all, I've noticed there is an area in Sunrise, FL where, without fail, my car's bluetooth is disrupted and cuts out several times momentarily. It has happened in several different makes and models I've been in over the past 2 years. This usually happens when I drive either direction on the Sawgrass Expressway between Sunrise Blvd and Oakland Park Blvd (basically passing the FLA Live Arena). There are a variety of antenna towers around that area including an elevated radome. I was wondering if anyone knew what the origin of this signal disruption was and if it is affecting any other communications systems besides bluetooth.

a417

I was wondering if anyone knew what the origin of this signal disruption was and if it is affecting any other communications systems besides bluetooth.
I'll bet it's the ...
variety of antenna towers around that area including an elevated radome.

If it's not affecting a big-spender in the wireless world, it'll probably be deemed to be incidental, and nothing will likely happen. You can try reporting it, but you're not a cellular provider or a state police radio system...so...YMMV.

Bluetooth is easy to overwhelm, as the transmitters are so small. I had an old microwave oven that would blot out bluetooth and cordless phones when it was on. Didn't hear too much other RFI from it.

wtp

at the in-laws it took a bit of time to figure out the bluetooth on the computer was blocking the voip phone.
they were a couple of feet apart, but not far enough. oh, and the wireless printer was on the same table.
router was under the desk, again two feet away.
the computer and printer are now wired, and bluetooth/wireless turned off.

Last edited: