Super Bowl LIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasn2004x

Hello fellow Georgians! Over the past few years I haven't been scanning much, but I thought with the Super Bowl coming to town this could be the perfect time to get back into the hobby. I have a Radio Shack PRO - 96 that probably needs a little re-programming and better organization of some talkgroups, etc.. but it looks like this scanner will still pick up APD/Fire/Etc... since they are still on the Motorola P25 Phase II system. Can anyone confirm this? I know there were talks of encryption for a while, but after perusing the site for a while I cannot find any evidence that anything has changed.

I mainly wanted to see if anyone has any insight on what talk groups the police, security, ems, etc... will be using around Mercedes Benz Stadium leading up to and during the event. Any other interesting groups that you know of and plan on listening to?

ecps92

Since this even is generally included in the NSSE category, add the FEDS to your search/scan lists

Hello fellow Georgians! Over the past few years I haven't been scanning much, but I thought with the Super Bowl coming to town this could be the perfect time to get back into the hobby. I have a Radio Shack PRO - 96 that probably needs a little re-programming and better organization of some talkgroups, etc.. but it looks like this scanner will still pick up APD/Fire/Etc... since they are still on the Motorola P25 Phase II system. Can anyone confirm this? I know there were talks of encryption for a while, but after perusing the site for a while I cannot find any evidence that anything has changed.

I mainly wanted to see if anyone has any insight on what talk groups the police, security, ems, etc... will be using around Mercedes Benz Stadium leading up to and during the event. Any other interesting groups that you know of and plan on listening to?

U2flyer

I was apart of some of the planning meetings for the super bowl and this is what I can say. They will be using some of the NIFOG freqs and will be encrypted at that. The state will have multiple helos as well as ANG Fighters using both VHF and UHF military freqs. Multiple EOCs will be set up with both local, state and feds in all of them. NG will have chem warfare teams using fed interop freqs. Also multiple hospitals will be using encrypted radios internally during the event. If I were you, I would scan however I am not sure of how much you will hear. Also do not fly your drone, trust me on that one.

ecps92

ENC on the Interops ?
Sounds contrary to Interop as the Only place ENC is talked about in the NIFOG is on the 700 Band ONLY

Encryption:
• No encryption on calling channels
• Algorithm ID: $80 (128 10)
• Key ID: $0000 (0 10)

I was apart of some of the planning meetings for the super bowl and this is what I can say. They will be using some of the NIFOG freqs and will be encrypted at that. The state will have multiple helos as well as ANG Fighters using both VHF and UHF military freqs. Multiple EOCs will be set up with both local, state and feds in all of them. NG will have chem warfare teams using fed interop freqs. Also multiple hospitals will be using encrypted radios internally during the event. If I were you, I would scan however I am not sure of how much you will hear. Also do not fly your drone, trust me on that one.

U2flyer

I am not in charge of comms or even apart of comms planning. I am simply a relay. The Feds that were there stated they would be using encryption. I dont know about the legality of that but that’s not my problem. I carry a Moto APX that can do 700/800 and VHF so it doesn’t matter to me.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone figured out the LCNs for the Mercedes Benz Stadium DMR system? I'm outside the stadium for the next couple of weeks for work and have the 436HP Analyzer chewing on it now, but only found 5 LCN's so far.

Also, I can't seem to find this system in the RR database at all. (WQYD 344 - Atlanta Falcons Stadium Co.)

- Chris

DanRollman

Database Admin
Has anyone figured out the LCNs for the Mercedes Benz Stadium DMR system? I'm outside the stadium for the next couple of weeks for work and have the 436HP Analyzer chewing on it now, but only found 5 LCN's so far.

Also, I can't seem to find this system in the RR database at all. (WQYD 344 - Atlanta Falcons Stadium Co.)

- Chris

Chris, I spent some very short time Analyzing on my SDS200 during a game in November (I think it was) and found no LCNs, so I held off on even creating the system in the DB.

Were you at least able to confirm that the system is in fact active and that it really is the stadium you're hearing? If so, and if you provide the 5 LCNs you've found so far, I'll create the system in the DB and add what you've got so far. That may spur others on to start analyzing it too. I just didn't want to create the system when I hadn't yet found a single LCN and hadn't even heard voice activity confirming the licensed frequencies are in fact being used by a DMR system at the stadium.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Were you at least able to confirm that the system is in fact active and that it really is the stadium you're hearing? If so, and if you provide the 5 LCNs you've found so far, I'll create the system in the DB and add what you've got so far. That may spur others on to start analyzing it too. I just didn't want to create the system when I hadn't yet found a single LCN and hadn't even heard voice activity confirming the licensed frequencies are in fact being used by a DMR system at the stadium.

Thanks, Dan. I will see what I have recorded and let you know...

- Chris

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Here is what the 436HP Analyze mode figured out with the Mercedes Benz Stadium System. It took me a couple of tries as I missed a couple of frequencies from the license. The scanner is tracking fine with these settings:

462.0500 - LCN 181
451.9625 - LCN 556
462.1000 - LCN 1367
463.6250 - LCN 1489
463.7750 - LCN 1501
464.0875 - LCN 1525
464.1125 - LCN 1528
464.1250 - LCN 1529
464.2875 - LCN 1542

A couple of notes:
This is showing as a DMR Tier 3 system.
It's not apparently very high-powered or is using antennas inside the building as it can be received only weakly a few blocks away.
I've only caught a few talk groups so this system is not as busy right now as it could be.
All voice channels are showing a Color Code of 1

Talk Groups:
218 - Engineering

I'm recording today and will attempt to ID some additional talk groups later tonight.

- Chris

DanRollman

Database Admin
Here is what the 436HP Analyze mode figured out with the Mercedes Benz Stadium System. It took me a couple of tries as I missed a couple of frequencies from the license. The scanner is tracking fine with these settings:

462.0500 - LCN 181
451.9625 - LCN 556
462.1000 - LCN 1367
463.6250 - LCN 1489
463.7750 - LCN 1501
464.0875 - LCN 1525
464.1125 - LCN 1528
464.1250 - LCN 1529
464.2875 - LCN 1542

A couple of notes:
This is showing as a DMR Tier 3 system.
It's not apparently very high-powered or is using antennas inside the building as it can be received only weakly a few blocks away.
I've only caught a few talk groups so this system is not as busy right now as it could be.
All voice channels are showing a Color Code of 1

Talk Groups:
218 - Engineering

I'm recording today and will attempt to ID some additional talk groups later tonight.

- Chris

Chris,

Great work. I am building out the system in the DB. Can you check one thing for me? Should 464.0875 in your list above actually be 464.075? Two things make me think this: (1), 464.0875 isn't on the license, but 464.075 is (and isn't otherwise in your list) and (2) the LCN seems to follow a pattern of spacing by 12.5 KHz per LCN increment, but 464.0875 would fall outside the pattern if it were really LCN 1525 (and 464.075 actually fits the pattern for an LCN of 1525).

DanRollman

Database Admin

That would explain why I wasn't hearing the system from my office a few miles away in midtown.

In any event, I've set the system up in the DB. Further to my note above, I went ahead and put 464.075 as LCN 1525, but let me know if you check and are sure that is actually 464.0875 and I will change it in the DB.

It is great to finally get some traction on this system.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
It is pretty weak, as I'm staying in a hotel on the other side ofd the GWCC and can only catch the system occasionally, but inside it works just fine.

DanRollman

Database Admin
You are correct - I fat fingered 464.0750 MHz.

Then I think we've got a full LCN list on day 1. Pretty impressive. Thanks. System activity should gradually start to ramp up soon. Just as election cycles now seem to start as soon as the last one is over, the Superbowl now seems to be about a week of steadily-building activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.