Super Fast Police Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3QRM

Premium Subscriber
what, no Chrysler Lebarons?

Cannot wait for these babies to come up @ police auction so I can be the world's fastest wacker, nice post FLRAILMAN, thanks.

Astrak

PIT(Pursuit intervention technique) Wow I'm surprised the Benz CLS was the fastest of the bunch at 217mph. That's crazy. I know in NE the state patrol used to drive Camaro SS up until they quit producing them in 2002. Now they drive Chargers, but those aren't cool like Camaro or Vette's would be.

Astrak

Thanks Astrak, you made me look bad when you posted my glaring error after my 2 hour edit window expired. Let's do this: (PIT) Police In Traffic. LOL

PIT maneuver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NAMLIARLF
Oh hey, what do you know the wiki calls it precision intercept tactic. I've never heard it called that before. I guess PIT could stand for many things. I like Police In Traffic.

N0IU

But if I have one of these, why would I worry about one of those?
(Thanks to KB2VXA for letting me borrow this from another thread)

Last edited:

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Superfast police helicopters

I was looking for a photo like that for the railroad WIKI for months, couldn't find one. Good shot.

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

N0IU

I was looking for a photo like that for the railroad WIKI for months, couldn't find one. Good shot.

FLRAILMAN
I am surprised you don't know about this site: The Railroad Police

Here's a couple more shots from that site of their 1981 Bell 206B Jet Ranger with an Allison 250hp engine. Oddly enough, the helicopter is actually registered to Horsham Valley Airways out of Horsham, PA so they must be leasing it. It went into service with the APD in November 2000 which means it was already 19 years old when they acquired it.

Here's a couple more pics:

And at least when they catch you, you get to ride to jail in style!

Last edited:

N0IU

On the same website where I got the other pictures, I found this one of a typical railroad police squad from around 1900. Now if I can only figure out which one is FLRAILMAN!

Last edited:

FLRAILMAN

Banned
Superfast Police Helicopters

Yeah, I got that site in the Wikipedia section of the railroad WIKI. I didn't even check out most of those websites & articles I posted, I just made sure they were active, oh I am not in that photo, I'm sleeping in the crew car in the rear of the New York Central Railroad Cinder Dick "Internal affairs" unit, nothing like hiding in plain sight. I commend you & Warren on those cool Amtrak Police shots. I've been tracking Botes progress on Autotrain most of the night, so I need some sleep, later brother.

YouTube - Lipska Policja Spi

Harold

bee

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, some police cars are fast. A Ms. highway Patrolman was chasing a car doing approx. 140 mph. The patrolman crashed his fast car. The patrolman is now dead.

N0IU

While it is certainly tragic for that patrolman's family, he knew the risks of becoming a LEO and died in the line of duty. What really sucks is the case 2 years ago when an Illinois State Trooper was on his way to an accident and killed two innocent girls, sisters age 19 and 13. The trooper, however, is still alive. Oh, it gets worse, a lot worse! From the Belleville News Democrat, "Matt Mitchell, the trooper, was talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone while driving 126 mph in the moments before the crash that killed Jessica Uhl, 19, and Kelli Uhl, 13, and injured Kelly and Christine Marler of Fayetteville on Nov. 23, 2007, investigators said."

Oh but that's not the worst of it. From the opening paragraph of the article, "A St. Clair County judge on Thursday dismissed a lawsuit filed by a Fayetteville couple against an Illinois State Police trooper who was involved in high-speed crash that killed two Collinsville sisters and injured a pregnant wife and her husband."

Why was it dismissed? "...because of a state law that does not allow state employees to face a lawsuit for actions taken during the course of their employment." even though, "Moments before the accident, Mitchell was sending e-mails, talking on his cell phone with his girlfriend and driving at triple-digit speeds, investigators said."

At least this Trooper Mitchell still faces criminal charges of reckless homicide and aggravated reckless driving in the Illinois Court of Claims .

For the whole story: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/story/882001.html

kb2vxa

Banned
Well guys, thank you for the kudos. I really should tell you the Amtrak chopper was cropped out of a photo taken by a railfan friend rather than something I found on the web. He was shooting in our home town of Rahway, NJ when it overflew the station, a rather lucky catch.

"Oddly enough, the helicopter is actually registered to Horsham Valley Airways out of Horsham, PA so they must be leasing it."
http://www.hvaufs.net/pages.php?id=66

To elaborate on Scott's post, the lawyer who filed suit against the officer is a complete idiot, his ignorance of the law he pretends to practice is appalling! Police, firemen, EMTs, even Amateur Radio operators hold public service exempt status and cannot be sued for actions taken while in the performance of assigned duties in the service of the public. One may sue the agency however, but not the individual.

Now if you want to burn over a notion try this. I'll bet this lawyer charges his client(s) for services rendered, he seems like the sort of slimeball who would. There is a phrase to remember; just because it's legal doesn't make it right.

Last edited:

wbiskey

My favorite is the Lamborghini Gallardo from Italy, it would have to be Magumn P.I. Red. Magumn P.I. was one of my favorite television shows growing up.

vabiro

I mentioned it in another thread, but when I was in Doha, Qatar last year they had a Lamborghini Gallardo in the police impound yard. Apparently. it was confiscated from some wealthy guy that was doing some idiotic speed in the wrong place, and apparently he never picked it up when he could.

A few months later I was browsing around the Qatar Living site (A site for expats working in Qatar) and what should I see:

Attachments

vabiro

Italian police crash Lamborghini supercar

Tuesday, 1 December 2009

The car was the Italian police force's pride and joy Italian police have crashed their most valuable patrol car, a 165,000-euro (£150,000) Lamborghini.

The accident happened near the northern Italian town of Cremona where it was on display at a student jobs fair.

Reports say the car swerved to avoid another vehicle which crossed into its path, ploughing into two stationary cars. It was damaged beyond repair.

One of the two officers in the vehicle at the time of the incident suffered a broken rib, the other received bruises.

The Lamborghini car, painted in the Italian police force's blue and white colours, was a gift to the force from the carmakers in 2004.

The six-speed luxury vehicle with a 500-horsepower engine is designed to go from zero to 100km/h (60mph) in four seconds.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.