Superbowl LVII in Phoenix AZ - STA Issued

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
So does anybody have any tips for setting up some favorite lists to monitor preparations and game day?

ecps92

Maybe look for Prior threads as well as visit
So does anybody have any tips for setting up some favorite lists to monitor preparations and game day?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
In addition to all the federal stuff, I'm going to be listening to the RWC trunked system there in Phoenix. Also going to be paying attention to the nationwide Interop frequencies, as they are sometimes used for motorcades with the team buses.

Also curious if the Arizona Statewide trunking system (AZ WINS) might be involved this time.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Also curious if the Arizona Statewide trunking system (AZ WINS) might be involved this time.

Since AZDPS does the interior security of the stadium and the teams are almost guaranteed to come from Scottsdale, I can just about guarantee that AZ WINS will be the more interesting of the systems.

RWC deals with traffic in and around the stadium, except the 101, and arrests made outside for fights, ejections, and general criminal acts.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
AZ WINS was still in the build out phase in DPS district 4 during 2015, if memory serves me, while RWC was the 'big boy' of the radio systems.

A lot depends on how far DPS has pushed out WINS digital radios to their troops and keeping everyone on Interop channels. Someone always gets lost.

RadioFreq

Premium Subscriber
I know at the last Super Bowl in Glendale, they handed out RWC radios to federal, military and visiting law enforcement for interoperability with everyone there.

We'll see who's radios get handed out this year!
Hey Chris, Have you heard anything air/air and/or air/ground for the opening ceremony military flyover?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I know at the last Super Bowl in Glendale, they handed out RWC radios to federal, military and visiting law enforcement for interoperability with everyone there.

We'll see who's radios get handed out this year!
@ChrisP when will we see your Superbowl frequency wrap up in Spectrum Monitor?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, there won't be one this year. Due to something that was out of my control, I was not able to attend the game this year. But i will be back next year!
That's worse than them broadcasting the Superbowl commercial free :cry: