Superbowl XLVI - Indianapolis - February 5, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Starting thread to share frequencies, talkgroup assignments, etc. in support of Superbowl XLVI on February 5, 2012 - both for local personnel and those who may be visiting.

No doubt Indianapolis DPS, Hoosier SAFE-T, and Lucas Oil Stadium will be the three trunked systems of interest.

Based on past Superbowls, there's sure to be federal presence as well...

For those visiting, Indiana State Police District 52 covers the Indianapolis Metro area.

Main Marion County Radioreference Page
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=741

Indianapolis Department of Public Safety
Indianapolis Department Of Public Safety Trunking System, Indianapolis, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Lucas Oil Stadium Trunked System
Lucas Oil Stadium/Indiana Convention Center Trunking System, Indianapolis, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies

Lucas Oil Stadium Conventional
Sports Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Known Indianapolis Federal Government Frequencies
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=6676

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
ISP has posted this message on their website:

The Indiana State Police is collaborating with other state and local agencies to make your Super Bowl experience a safe and happy one.

ISP offers the following important reminder:

If you’re driving in downtown Indianapolis between January 27 and February 5, 2012, turn your GPS off. It won’t get you where you want to go. Due to the increased volume of visitors and activities, there will be traffic restrictions throughout the downtown area. Many one-way streets will become two-way, and some streets will be completely closed off to traffic.

JacobInIndy

Indianapolis Super Bowl 2012

I will update this periodically with frequencies I hear testing/traffic on.

So far nothing too out of the ordinary.

FBI D6? - 163.8625/167.5375 R - Repeater was very weak. I picked up the input with almost the same strength as the repeater. In the clear.

FBI A1 - 167.2125 - Simplex only, as usual around here. In the clear on surveillance not associated with the Super Bowl.

FBI A6 - 163.9375/167.7625 R - This is a usual surveillance channel around here, but I did hear some testing for the Super Bowl. In te Clear and ENC.

166.5125 USSS Sierra - This was simplex and ENC.

Tha is all for now. If I hear any more, I will update.

scannerfreak

Database Admin

FBI D6? - 163.8625/167.5375 R - Repeater was very weak. I picked up the input with almost the same strength as the repeater. In the clear.

FBI A1 - 167.2125 - Simplex only, as usual around here. In the clear on surveillance not associated with the Super Bowl.

FBI A6 - 163.9375/167.7625 R - This is a usual surveillance channel around here, but I did hear some testing for the Super Bowl. In te Clear and ENC.

I moved this into the sticky we have setup for the SB. Let's keep all info in one place. Thanks :)

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Jacob, thanks for posting these and any updates.

I wasn't clear from your post weather these were analog or digital and any PL or NACs found.

- Chris

JacobInIndy

Indianapolis Super Bowl Frequencies

All are P25.

FBI - 163.8625 in/167.5375 R - Lots of testing yesterday. Seemed to be a pretty weak repeater.

FBI - 167.2125 - Simplex - This is a typical surveillance freq. here. Although, what I was hearing yesterday was not Super Bowl related, I believe this will be used for the game as well.

FBI - 163.9375 in/167.7625 R - Another typical operations channel here. I did hear testing from what seemed to be the stadium.

USSS - 166.5125 Simplex - Just ENC.

Most all of this traffic was in the clear, however, ENC is pretty heavy here. Based on what I heard at a past Super Bowl, I wouldn't expect to hear much in the clear.

ecps92

Jacob, P25 or Analog ?:confused:

Opps, didn't see CP asked the same ?

JacobInIndy

All have been P25 so far.

I do not have NAC decoding capability, so I suppose I could be wrong about the agencies I've assumed they are. I am just going by typical assignments of the frequencies.

Jacob, P25 or Analog ?:confused:

Opps, didn't see CP asked the same ?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Most all of this traffic was in the clear, however, ENC is pretty heavy here. Based on what I heard at a past Super Bowl, I wouldn't expect to hear much in the clear.

I was surprised how much WAS in the clear in Arlington last year, but I'm interested in anything that pops up, clear or not.

Thanks again!

- Chris

JacobInIndy

Yeah, I was in Miami two years ago. The little bit I was able to listen to was pretty even between clear and ENC.

I did hear mention of snipers on the roof. That was pretty cool. Now I wish I had written down what frequency it was on...

I was surprised how much WAS in the clear in Arlington last year, but I'm interested in anything that pops up, clear or not.

Thanks again!

- Chris

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Has anyone heard of an Amateur Radio special events station for the Super Bowl?
So far, I've heard of no plans for an amateur radio special event station specific to the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.