Superbowl XLVI - Indianapolis - February 5, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

1-25-2012 Weds. Jack Rinehart at WRTV Channel 6 News at Noon did a report on the new Regional Operations Center (ROC)on the Indianapolis East Side. All of IDPS Communications will be done from that point from now on.The current building at 47 South State Street will be used as a backup location.Also all counties around Metro Indianapolis/Marion County will be asked to locate to the new ROC for weather emergencies,etc. The New ROC will house IMPD along with others and FBI for Super Bowl Operations.

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I've been getting quite a few hits while working at Lucas Oil Stadium over the last two days. Some are definitely NFL and related operations. Also picking up a lot of TRBO stuff:

All were Close Call hits using TRBO digital mode. I haven't confirmed who these are, but suspect stadium perimeter security and some NFL operations are using TRBO.

- Chris

ddoorman

ISP Movement

Mobile units from the northern part of the state (Dist 13 and 21) are currently moving south to Indy. The project return date is Feb 6.

JacobInIndy

More Federal

I found one I've never heard in this area. Not sure who it was though.

168.1125 1/27 9:00am P25 and fully ENC.

I have it from the NIFOG as Tac LE 4.

W9NES

Radio Techs heard on the radio yesteday on Thursday 1-25-2012 that they are having interference issues and found the Nextel was causing the problem. They are also finding other souces of interference in the area of LOS. Fri 1-26-2012 11:02AM

ecps92

IF anyone can get the NAC on this, it would confirm that it is the LE4 Interop or someone else.

I found one I've never heard in this area. Not sure who it was though.

168.1125 1/27 9:00am P25 and fully ENC.

I have it from the NIFOG as Tac LE 4.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Radio Techs heard on the radio yesteday on Thursday 1-25-2012 that they are having interference issues and found the Nextel was causing the problem. They are also finding other souces of interference in the area of LOS. Fri 1-26-2012 11:02AM

I saw several guys with spectrum analyzers running around the stadium. Which radio did you hear them on Tim?

- Chris

W9NES

S1 Talkgrups are being used for Super Bowl on IDPS. Also FBI in the clear using 167.7625 doing Radio Test at 3:50PM Fri 1-27-2012 3:50PM

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I saw several guys with spectrum analyzers running around the stadium.
They could be radio techs for any of the public safety agencies, they could be techs for the cellular or Wi-Fi providers, or they could be NFL staff. EVERY transmitter that goes into LOS has to be tracked by the NFL frequency coordinators. All of the IDPS radios I saw today had a "flag" on the antenna indicating that it had been logged in the NFL database.

S1 Talkgrups are being used for Super Bowl on IDPS.
The IDPS Sys-Tac talkgroup assignments will come on line in stages. By game day, all of the S1 talkgroups and some of the S2 talkgroups will be assigned to Super Bowl activities though they may not all be in regular use.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I read that AT&T is setting up a free downtown WiFi network and installing additional antennas inside the stadium to make sure 4G coverage is at it's best. Something else to look for.

W9NES

Would be a great idea to listen to the S1 Talkgroups on IDPS and S2 Talkgroups on DPW.I also heard Indiana Excise Police on Safe-t today working near the zipline on Safe-t Talkgroup 16320. Fri 1-27-2012 7:00PM

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed the S.A.F.E. Management security guards on the outside of LOS are on 463.9375 MHz, D632.

- Chris

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I read that AT&T is setting up a free downtown WiFi network and installing additional antennas inside the stadium to make sure 4G coverage is at it's best.
The NFL told all of the stadiums that host NFL teams to upgrade their WiFi bandwidth a year or so ago so that the league could use it for operations during games. Then they came back and told the stadiums to upgrade their WiFi even more so that the fans could use it during games, especially to access NFL apps on their smartphones and tablets.

W9NES

Found talkgroup 20703 on IDPS System 2 being used for Code enforcement, moving signs back into eating places along South Merdian Street. They are also writiing tickets on taxicabs.Talkgroup 20703 is not in the database for IDPS Sys 2 Fri 1-27-2012 11:21PM

IndyRick

Another thing to listen for...there will be a marked increase in downtown air traffic, everything from blimps (weather permitting) to media choppers to banner tow aircraft. Those have always been interesting listening during the 500, so I'm sure the same will hold true here. :)

K9WG

Another thing to listen for...there will be a marked increase in downtown air traffic, everything from blimps (weather permitting) to media choppers to banner tow aircraft. Those have always been interesting listening during the 500, so I'm sure the same will hold true here. :)
Quite so. Also listen to 151.625. I have heard blimps and other aircraft operating on it.

I would assume there will also be an increase in air traffic at the regional airports. (MQJ, UMP, EYE, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.