Superbowl XLVI - Indianapolis - February 5, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

151.625 along with Air Freqs are a great idea to monitor.Also as IndyRick posed scan the 450-455Mhz area for Newsmedia.You might be able to find ESPN which is owned by ABC. You should also be able to find NBC with behind the scenes coverage of the SuperBowl while it is being broadcast nationwide. When NBC Sports coverd the Brickyard 400 I heard all the people behind the broadcast including when they were going live after running commericals.*We are comming back in 20 seconds from New York*

IndyRick

Also, flight service and airport unicoms are well worth monitoring....with so many VIPS arriving on aircraft, you can often hear some quite interesting requests. :)

JacobInIndy

168.8375 - P25 No Nac, in the clear. About 15 minutes later, while I was up in the chopper, a Customs chopper flew into our airspace. I can assume it was them I heard.

Also, not unusual to hear in Indy, but someone(India, I think) calling Charlie 100 on 166.5875 P25 in the clear.

I will continue posting what I'm picking up. I can only assume I'll be getting more as the game gets closer.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
168.8375 - P25 No Nac, in the clear. About 15 minutes later, while I was up in the chopper, a Customs chopper flew into our airspace. I can assume it was them I heard.

Also, not unusual to hear in Indy, but someone(India, I think) calling Charlie 100 on 166.5875 P25 in the clear.

I will continue posting what I'm picking up. I can only assume I'll be getting more as the game gets closer.

168.8375, N293 is CBP AIR 1, also heard that on Friday. 166.5875, N301 was announced as DNET 12 over the air...

- Chris

IndyRick

This morning at about 710 local, I heard "Air 1" talking to "Air 2" on 123.45....the appeared to be over Lucas as they were exchanging GPS coords, then Air 1 told air 2 to go to discrete. I did some searching, but never did find where there had changed over to. Any ideas?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
OMAHA 04, the CBP helicopter, was patrolling over downtown Indianapolis on Sunday evening and mentioned they would be back each evening around 8PM. They were talking with the Operation Center on 350.025 MHz as well as 168.8375 MHz, N293.

- Chris

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Found talkgroup 20703 on IDPS System 2 being used for Code enforcement, moving signs back into eating places along South Merdian Street. They are also writiing tickets on taxicabs.Talkgroup 20703 is not in the database for IDPS Sys 2 Fri 1-27-2012 11:21PM

So which agency would this belong to?

W9NES

Steve, This is being used for *CODE ENFORCEMENT* Radio traffic has been heard that signs are in wrong place in front of eating places. Also they are writting Traffic tickets to Taxicabs.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
OK, just wanted to make sure it was the Code Enforcement Department itself. I'll add it to the DB. Thanks Tim.

W9NES

Mon 1-30-2012 10:00AM Motorola in town testing ILEEN 155.475 ,Point to Point 155.370.Also was heard on Safe-t ISP 52 OPS 1.*Motorola Testing*

caylorman

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick question. Does anyone have a stream set up for all of this traffic?

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I have this request in to a couple dif people hope to know soon.
Seem like most of this type traffic must be braodcast on a dif source other than thru RR.

[
QUOTE=caylorman;1692225]Just a quick question. Does anyone have a stream set up for all of this traffic?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
1-25-2012 Weds. Jack Rinehart at WRTV Channel 6 News at Noon did a report on the new Regional Operations Center (ROC)on the Indianapolis East Side. All of IDPS Communications will be done from that point from now on.The current building at 47 South State Street will be used as a backup location.Also all counties around Metro Indianapolis/Marion County will be asked to locate to the new ROC for weather emergencies,etc. The New ROC will house IMPD along with others and FBI for Super Bowl Operations.

Interesting video regarding the new Regional Operations Center.
Indianapolis Regional Emergency Operations Center - YouTube

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I've noticed a few mentions of a Customs and Border Patrol helicopter "patrolling" the downtown Indianapolis area, so I'm going to ask a potentially dumb question...

What interest does the CBP have in the Super Bowl? Indianapolis is a ways from any international border. Or is their aerial surveillance capabilities just being used by other agencies?

IndyRick

Robert, we were at The Melody Inn playing a gig Saturday night (Illinois and 38th) and 2 Border Patrol SUVs drove by...interesting!

JacobInIndy

Customs is involved in investigating counterfeit merchandise, tickets and other intellectual property rights. The Super Bowl is a major target for people who counterfeit.

Also, Indianapolis International Airport has a Customs and Border Patrol facility. They are largely involved in the Fed Ex facility for searching packages.

I heard testing on 170.1000, P25 in the clear and encoded today. Calling Charlie 100. Couldn't hear very well. So, I couldn't get a whole lot more info from the convo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.