Superbowl XLVI - Indianapolis - February 5, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I found one I've never heard in this area. Not sure who it was though.

168.1125 1/27 9:00am P25 and fully ENC.

I have it from the NIFOG as Tac LE 4.

I just started hearing that here at the stadium on Saturday. It is the LE-4 frequency with the N68F NAC that all the NIFOG federal interop channels are using. And it's been all encrypted...

- Chris

IndyRick

I just started hearing that here at the stadium on Saturday. It is the LE-4 frequency with the N68F NAC that all the NIFOG federal interop channels are using. And it's been all encrypted...

- Chris

Thanks, Chris. There was a bit of in the clear traffic early Saturday that I heard...I wonder if it were some mobile stations en route? I didn't hear enough of it to make sense of it.

IndyRick

BTW, there are a few flights starting to pop up that will be inbound to KAID in the next couple of hours, from NY and NJ. If you're up in that area, 126.0 appears like it'l be quite busier than usual. Since that's a towered airport with minimal activity, it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. 120.65 will be another frequency for those in the area to monitor.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
It's a real air show down here at LOS this morning. Between banner tow planes, CBP helicopters, ISP helicopter and the media birds, the skies are pretty full. 123.0250 MHz is definitely hopping today. Banner tow planes are on 123.0500 MHz.

- Chris

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Chris, or anybody, assuming that an aircraft does violate the TFR, and a patrol aircraft gets close enough to flash their signboard at the intruder, what frequency will they tell the intruder to go to?

IndyRick

BTW, 155.160, lifeline control would be a good one to listen to today. With all the additional air traffic and flight restrictions, could be interesting listening.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Chris, or anybody, assuming that an aircraft does violate the TFR, and a patrol aircraft gets close enough to flash their signboard at the intruder, what frequency will they tell the intruder to go to?

I would assume they try and hail them on VHF Guard, 121.5 MHz. In fact, the CBP Blackhawk helicopters in the dark paint schemes used to have "121.5" painted on the side doors.

- Chris

IndyRick

Sounds like ISP is doing some heavy patrolling and making a strong effort to get all disabled/abandoned vehicles off of the shoulders of 465, 69, 74, 70 before mid afternoon.

mbtins

To the person who put up the feed - it's awesome! Thanks. I have facebook'ed it out to get some more listeners. I would like some details on what you are using to get the screen shot as well as the audio in there.

Thanks for doing this -- you rock!

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Picking up what seems to be some encoded traffic on 413.2750....any ideas?

I've got it locked in on a radio here at the stadium, but nothing here yet.

The allocation is mostly military, so might be some National Guard activities...

- Chris

W9NES

I saw two single engine airplanes towing banners today in the area of 86Th and Zionsville Road around 12:20PM Sun 2-5-2012. One banner was for State Farm Insurance and the other was for fast food.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
With everything going on, I picked up a couple of guys talking sports on 155.720! Thought it was some fans yaking on a MURS channel, but I checked and no, not MURS. There was no tone. If anyone is around, check it out if the other stuff gets quiet.

jsoergel

I would assume they try and hail them on VHF Guard, 121.5 MHz. In fact, the CBP Blackhawk helicopters in the dark paint schemes used to have "121.5" painted on the side doors.

- Chris

They will use 121.500 to call. 123.100 was used on Thursday as "simulated Guard," but they also used [actual] Guard once or twice.

BIGTEXT

Premium Subscriber
Indy Approach is insane right now. It almost sounds like JFK tower on a busy day.

IndyRick

Indy Approach is insane right now. It almost sounds like JFK tower on a busy day.

I know!! I'm really surprised...I regularly listen during the 500, and never remember anything like this!

An aside...one of my closest friends is a controller at ZID, can't wait to hear about his day. :)

CORN

Premium Subscriber
F-16 A/A on 228.9, sounds like the cavalry is on its way. Very weak and choppy at my QTH. The military/fed avoiding area called Nashville, Tn. These guys are on the very very fringes of my range.

Status
Not open for further replies.