Superbowl XLVI - Indianapolis - February 5, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I am curious about something. I see a lot of postings about federal agencies involved in the security of this event. Pretty much everyone, including the coast guard have gone to JIWN networks . Or in the case of the coast guard gone to a special set of frequencies, off the vhf marine band. The bottom line, if you want to monitor the feds in the Seattle area, you're pretty much out of luck. Are the feds in Indiana able to use JIWN? And if so, why aren't they there now?

jsoergel

119.550 ZID (check-in)
134.175 ATC discrete
141.825 A/A
228.900 A/A (enroute only)
260.900 CAP primary

OMAHA 1 (C550, unid)
OMAHA 2 (C550, unid)
OMAHA 3 (C550, unid)
OMAHA 4 (AW139, unid)
OMAHA 5 (AW139, unid)
OMAHA 6 (unid)
OMAHA 7 (unid)
OMAHA 8 (unid)
STALK 51 (2x F-16C, 92-3922/92-3902)
WINK 01 (KC-135R, 59-1466)

Last edited:

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I am curious about something. I see a lot of postings about federal agencies involved in the security of this event. Pretty much everyone, including the coast guard have gone to JIWN networks . Or in the case of the coast guard gone to a special set of frequencies, off the vhf marine band. The bottom line, if you want to monitor the feds in the Seattle area, you're pretty much out of luck. Are the feds in Indiana able to use JIWN? And if so, why aren't they there now?

There is no IWN in Indiana.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
260.900 for WINK 01 and STALK 51 for the special event CAP. Can actually hear from south central KY.

David

bamx2

Is anyone hearing traffic on the statewide SAFE-T channels? DHS/ISP? Just seeing if I am in the dark, or if nothing is there.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
All of the SB-related communications are on Tac talkgroups and RR does not allow Tac talkgroups on its feeds.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
ISP assigned to the event are on IDPS Tac talkgroups. ISP units working road patrol outside the event are on their normal talkgroups.

IndyRick

You're welcome, Jay, but I want to be clear that I'm not providing the feed, I'm only passing the link along. :) Don't want to take credit for someone else's hard work.

BTW, 260.900 is hopping right now.

IndyRick

It was pretty cool to hear the CAP pilots telling control that they wanted score updates during the game. Apparently one of the Stalk pilots is a huge Giants fan. ;)

mbtins

So -- what is the logic on not allowed TAC groups on here? Surely it can't be security since those are unencrypted anyone with a physical scanner can hear it... ??

Mike T

IndyRick

Hearing some traffic on 372.2 now. I THOUGHT I heard the callsign Yellow Knife....but can't find it so maybe I misheard it.

AuntEnvy

Well this is a first for me

Automated dispatch on the Marion feed. Not sure if I think that's kinda cool or not. ;)
I think that would drive me nuts listening to that constant voice. Not sure I could handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.