Superbowl xlviii NYC ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Any suggestion on what system talk group and on frequency's the Time Square Superbowl xlviii festivities may be operating on?
Thanks

cackis

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen an IAP yet but as far as FDNY goes i'd listen to the special event talkgroups on the UHF doitt trunk system and i'd assume ems will using citywide 2 during the major pre game events. While yes the game is in NJ, NYC will be hosting a lot of the events leading up to the game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Thanks guys, I'm doing a Feed on RR for the Super Bowl. I'll be broadcasting the game itself that's being played in NJ and the events that will be in Jersey City NJ and in TIME SQUARE in NYC.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
As a person who has been thru an "Hosting City" Superbowl event... Oh yes, the fun already started with street closure planning, transit re-routing planning, and beefed up LEA presence of EVERY kind from FBI, DEA, USPSI, BATFE, to every reserve NYPD officer appearing. You may meet guys you have only seen once or twice on duty ever! (Which can be very cool!) The whole region from Times Square NYC to the mile around Met Life Stadium in NJ will be insanity. I know you guys in NYC are used to crazy with the annual New Year's Eve festivities, all the post 9/11 things, and becoming pretty much as security wise, if not more so, than D.C., but trust me, Superbowl madness can make even event pro's like NYC on edge because the "festivities" are a whole week long! Have fun, but stay safe guys. Go Broncos!

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
The NYPD does not have reserve officers and the Aux. officers will not be involved in anything to do with the super bowl festivities.

Mike
FDNY/EMS
Haz-Tac
Retired

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget to lisen to the winning teams local police feed after the game.

There wil be a jubliant celebration and lots of chaos .

There always is.

jvdet

Don't forget to lisen to the winning teams local police feed after the game.

There wil be a jubliant celebration and lots of chaos .

There always is.

HUH? You mean all 4 East Rutherford, New Jersey cops will have something to say?

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2339; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

No, he means the feed for either Denver or Seattle, whichever one wins. (You should listen to the feeds from both cities. Fans upset from a loss have been known to do stupid things, although I'm not suggesting that it will happen in either city.)
And milf, what agency is USPSI?

nyair1

Anyone picked up any increased Milair traffic yet getting ready for the Superbowl CAP?? Might be alittle early yet. Usually the week leading up there will be more action in the airband.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Anyone picked up any increased Milair traffic yet getting ready for the Superbowl CAP?? Might be alittle early yet. Usually the week leading up there will be more action in the airband.

I think it is a bit early, but they often do some orientation flights the week before the game. I would also suspect you will hear an increase in Coast Guard air ops around the stadium as well as CBP air assets during the week prior.

Anyone know if there is a flyover scheduled for the anthem at the stadium?

- Chris

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Bob, Where can I find info for the Federal interop channels or system?

Thanks

blaze

Premium Subscriber
NYPD's NYMAC1 and NYMAC3 will be bidirectionally patched to FedIO through the weekend, as will various agencies in the region.

(NYMAC1 = CWIO1 = 482.6875, the old CWIO. NYMAC3 = CWIO2 = 482.8125, the old QueensIO).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.