Supplier of Waterbury, Connecticut (USA) Police and Fire Stream [Please Report Issues More In-Depth Here if You Wish]

Status
Not open for further replies.

crepon883

Primarily I'm creating this thread to acknowledge and reply to GordonE, who kindly informed me my feed had no audio as of yesterday. I have gone ahead and fixed that - and I apologize as I'm still getting used to SDRTrunk. It's not much like UniTrunker at all, and turns out it's not sufficient to simply create a 'stream' under the streams tab with all the right broadastify.com login info and stream info, I had to label some channels "Broadcast Channel". So, there is audio now and I can definitely hear that is' police dispatch and car to car, as well as actually EMS and Fire dispatch and car-to-car. Only issue I still have to solve is that at least some of the time the shorter transmissions seem to double up, or repeat twice that is. They never interfere with each other, but I'm sure many listeners don't want to hear the same thing more than once consistently.
So, I'll be working on following instructions here for SDRTrunk related to Broadcastify issues Broadcastify connecting, but not streaming audio · Issue #331 · DSheirer/sdrtrunk

Thanks again, and just reply here or send me a new contact if any sound issues are bad enough where you'd rather I don't actively have the stream running until I iron them out. Seems to be the kind of thing I need to listen to through your platform to be able to get exactly right, though.

Other than that, if anyone in the listening and broadcasting community want to ask questions or give me recommondations on my stream, go ahead - long as it's OK with mods that I have this thread here. Have a nice weekend.
~Chris

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So, there is audio now and I can definitely hear that is' police dispatch and car to car, as well as actually EMS and Fire dispatch and car-to-car.
Please review the Broadcastify Broadcaster Terms of Service that you signed off on; law enforcement car-to-car channels are not permitted.

Terms of Service Certification
Law Enforcement Feeds

• I agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.
  • I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated tactical, car-to-car, SWAT, narcotics, detectives or any other channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.

Law Enforcement Feeds - TOS Clarifications

crepon883

Thanks, I actually did review them and didn't mean to say 'car-to-car' I meant 'car-to-dispatch' and vice-versa when I typed that out. Let me know if you hear anything differently on my stream but it should be all set.
Edit: Sorry, I must have mis-read your post above. So you're saying you definitely do hear car-to-car transmissions when listening? Also, EMS is on there, that's right, so I'm adding it in the description and will soon fix the title, if that helps. Seems an issue is with SDRTrunk, as opposed to UniTrunker, it's much harder to actually (if at all) give the talkgroups priority. I know for sure I won't be broadcasting anything encrypted, but if you have any suggestions on isolating talkgroups within SDRTrunk, I'd appreciate it. If the problem continues, kindly let me know too and I'll take the stream down so I don't violate the TOS or violate them any more than I apparently already may have - and will have to wait until I get a new machine that can run Windows so I can better program the talkgroups with UniTrunker. Thank you for your time.

Further edit:
Alright, what I've done is gone under "Aliases" and told SDRTrunk to only call talkgroups 0011 and 0012 (Dispatch) "Broadcast Channel", so only those now should be broadcast. That is a bit more narrow maybe than what I could broadcast, but just want to see if/how it works. Take care.
~Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.