Support for UBC-3300XLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuCP

Hello there,

I'm new to the site. Used to do some scanning back in the day of the RadioShack scanners. Trying to get back into it. I just recently purchased a 3300XLT from ebay - I can't help but think I made a dire mistake by not going with the UBCD-396T instead.

I can't find any support for the 3300XLT. Trying to find a cable and updated software seems nearly impossible. I cannot find a link on the uniden website with product information on this scanner.

Is there any upgrades available? Firmware and such? Any help would be much appreciated!

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
The near-equivalent US model is the BC250D. There are no firmware updates and at least in the US, the 250D is no longer supported because it is discontinued. The cable for the 250D should work with the 3300. Butel makes software for the 3300.

stuCP

hardware

Do you know where I could find a working North American charger? As well as a PC Interface cable.
I went to radioshack (now known as the source) and bought a charger that has the same specs as the Euro version. It doesn't charge it at all. I called Uniden about a PC cable for it, and they said I need to buy it from a local computer shop because they don't carry it. When I show it to my local computer shop they have no idea what kind of plug in it is.

It's not USB, and Molex (or mini) cables won't fit into as the spacing is different.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

***edit***
just one more thing.... on the Butel website.... does the download of the PRO version of the software include the data cable for the scanner?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.