Suppress Control Channel Only Display ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
On a BCD-996T -

I have two trunked (P25) systems and several conventional systems programmed. Having come from the PRO-2096 world, I find the display of the control channels while scanning is not meaningful and distracting. Is there an option in the 996T (using Freescan) to not display the control channels?

Tnx & 73
Jack
WA2OLZ

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Read the sections in the Easier to Read manual for display modes 1 and 2. Then in Freescan, you need to go to Setup Scanner Options and look at the bottom right at the General tab

You probably also will need to disable the Active Channel Display mode, but I'm not certain of that (also found in that same area). Easy enough to fix if I'm wrong

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Thanks, Mike.

I have switched from display mode 1 to display mode 2 and also unchecked "Enable Active Channel". Will report back later this morning after loading the changes into the receiver (in the car).

Jack

SCPD

QRT
Hi Mike,

Sorry to say, that didn't work. I did, however, find a workaround for now. The NJ State Police trunked system has three control channel simulcast locations spread across the state. I suspect my terminology there is all messed up, but hope you get the idea. What I did was to lockout all thirteen transmitter locations in the system other than the simulcast entries. I have not lost the ability to monitor any of the communications so far as i know and there is not the endless display of all the sites.

On reflection, they probably didn't need to be there in the first place, but I'm uncertain. The three remaining control channel entries still appear in the display during scan but it's far less annoying than having all sixteen scrolling through there.

I'll probably wander over to the NJ-specific forum to see what others are doing.

Thanks again

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.