surete du quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Recently I am hearing SQ in W. Quebec on a number of channels including 166.680, 167.340 and a few others, but the activity seems less than I recall in past. So, they are not completed converted.

Dave

DaveDesjardins

Premium Subscriber
Im still able to hear them in estrie (memphremagog) on 166.800 most of the call are for coaticook and i can hear them on 166.740 for the expressways & QG

mcduffdavid

Premium Subscriber
Hi. What did happen with SQ frequency in Saint-Hyacinthe? It was open and when police found a dead man on viaduc last year, the frequency switched inactive next day and now I can't hear them with my BCD436HP scanner.

How can I know if SQ switched for renir P25 encrypted or not?

monstermatt2

ya same here, i stopped at a family member house last month in Saint-Hyacinthe and thew frequency was completely dead, didn't even hear those idle tones that it plays every few min

ve2ckn

ca depend des regions du quebec.
il y en a qui ont migrés a RENIR et d'autres le seront beaucoup plus tard.

MaxK98

As for the Eastern townships, they appear to have upgraded their portables to P25 XTS radios and using 800MHz vehicular reapters. There is still activity on the analog channel so they are probably not fully migrated yet

mtlscan

I believe the new mobile repeaters inside the SQ cars are on the 700 Mhz band.

You can tell they are migrating to RENIR when there are no more data chirps (Status signalling) and that they don't have encryption anymore. Also the analog radio transmissions actually tend to sound better with the new Motorola radios than the old Ericsson Rangr/Orion they replaced. My understanding is that they just choose between the RITP and RENIR zones on the mobile radios until migration is completed.

Aa for Montreal police, I noticed the SPVM investigations haven't migrated off their Aegis encrypted surveillance channels off the 408-418 Mhz band yet.. I can hear them right now on 418.2525. My guess is that they are still using their old digital radios because of financial reasons or want to remain off SERAM for other reasons (maybe to avoid compromising investigations) ?

Cheers

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Some SQ still active in the clear

I thought ALL SQ was gone to RENIR as of 2017?
I was playing with the "ZIP" (Postal Code) search on my 436HP yesterday and was picking up SQ in the clear on

154.740 LAVAL (Autoroute 13 calls)
166.680 VAUDREUIL / DORION / PINCOURT
154.680 VALLEYFIELD
167.340 NAPIERVILLE 156.7 ctcss

Seems all local patrols ..no Autoroutiers EXCEPT for the LAVAL freq

has anyone heard any other areas we can still monitor??

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I thought ALL SQ was gone to RENIR as of 2017?
I was playing with the "ZIP" (Postal Code) search on my 436HP yesterday and was picking up SQ in the clear on

154.740 LAVAL (Autoroute 13 calls)
166.680 VAUDREUIL / DORION / PINCOURT
154.680 VALLEYFIELD
167.340 NAPIERVILLE 156.7 ctcss

Seems all local patrols ..no Autoroutiers EXCEPT for the LAVAL freq

has anyone heard any other areas we can still monitor??

Baie-Comeau (on Route 389), Fermont, Port-Cartier, Relias-Gabriel (Single Resident Unit), and Schefferville are all still on VHF Conventional.

Last edited:

DaveH

I was until recently (and may be still the case) hearing activity on some 166/167 repeaters, e.g. 166.830, 167.04, 167.340 etc. mostly weaker so a bit far out from Gatineau; also on 154.950.

Dave

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber
I believe the new mobile repeaters inside the SQ cars are on the 700 Mhz band.

You can tell they are migrating to RENIR when there are no more data chirps (Status signalling) and that they don't have encryption anymore. Also the analog radio transmissions actually tend to sound better with the new Motorola radios than the old Ericsson Rangr/Orion they replaced. My understanding is that they just choose between the RITP and RENIR zones on the mobile radios until migration is completed.

Aa for Montreal police, I noticed the SPVM investigations haven't migrated off their Aegis encrypted surveillance channels off the 408-418 Mhz band yet.. I can hear them right now on 418.2525. My guess is that they are still using their old digital radios because of financial reasons or want to remain off SERAM for other reasons (maybe to avoid compromising investigations) ?

Cheers

Check your private message
Nick

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Whats the 700 mhz frequencies for mobile repeaters?

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk
-----------------------
Uniden 436HP/VHF/UHF NMO Ground Plane Base Antenna
Anytone 6666/Sirio Tornado 27 Antenna
President Grant II/K40 Magnet Antenna
TRC-465 - Spare

Status
Not open for further replies.