Surge Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeppelin11

Not sure where to post this. I had looked in the forums and surprisingly didn't find much information on wall outlet surge protectors so here I am. I am looking for recommendations for a quality wall outlet surge protector that won't break the bank to power/protect my BCD436HP Scanner. I would also have my laptop and cell phone plugged into it as well. I would be willing to invest $50-$100. im interested in what everyone has to protect their scanners from power surges. I welcome and appreciate all feedback.

pb_lonny

%No need for me, I charge batteries externally and don't have them plugged in 99% of the time.

bb911

I wasn't using it with a scanner, but I experienced good protection (apparently) from a Tripp suppressor rated at 3330 Joules. It was destroyed when the power company was doing repairs nearby and brought the power back up - Oops, every light bulb in our home that was on was blown, but nothing else was damaged, including the TV and VCR plugged into the Tripp. That occurred back in the 80's and the model I had looked like this one.

You might look into those from Belkin and APC, also. (Based on their popularity and reputations)

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest a UPS not just surge protection, for the price range you stated you can purchase a good brand of UPS and that includes surge and power to protect all of your devices. Try looking to BJ's, Sam's, Costco or wherever you have membership for a good deal.

Reactions: wtp
Status
Not open for further replies.