Surprise AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks4ui

Surprise PD

I can't receive 700 Mhz on my old radio and seem to be picking up Surprise PD monitoring a control frequency of 867.15 MHz (site 204). But the PD dispatch seems to be using a talk ID of 2811. I understand how trunking works but not sure why I receive and decode Surprise with that ID instead of what is listed in the RWC.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

TG 4301 is Surprise PD ch 1. They're on simulcast G of the RWC. I don't know if they can be heard on the other simulcasts.

K0JAD

New radio

A new radio will work for now but it won't be long till all police monitoring will be a thing of the past. Agencies have wanted that for years and now the technology supports their demands. They sight several reasons for wanting to exclude listeners, Burglars and many other criminals use scanners and many times persons drawn to police scenes become a public safety issue. Bad news for the curious but I can see the wisdom of it. Many times when burglary suspects are apprehended they have scanners with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.