Surprise is still quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
A couple months ago there was a thread about Surprise police being encrypted. Can anyone tell me, or where I can find out if they are going unencrypted or what is going on. Very disappointed that I can not pick them up. Also disappointed with the reception I am getting with Phoenix fire on digital. Sounds like they are all talking underwater or something. Also I hear Phoenix police dispatch and MCSO telling the officers they've gone digital. Even hear the officers joke about it once in awhile. Any help would be appreciated thanks Nick

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
So Surprise police are on TG 4301-D and 4302-E. I can not hear anything on the 4301-D. This channel is non-encrypted right? Also in the SWFD it says that they use the Maricopa trunked system due to problems with the White Tanks. Also can not hear any of the city services. Can some one help? Am I doing something wrong? Is there someone in the West Valley that could help me with this. I 've tried everything.. I'd be willing to bring my scanner to you for help. Thanks Nick

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
I have confirmed through my "sources" that it is nearly impossible to hear Surprise PD... at the moment. Right now they are using a full encrypted system. Occasionally you will hear them on G deck, but only when something big is happening, and even then its rare. My "source" also told me to give it couple months, when they have their "stuff working right and functional" and they will be back on the Phoenix system, unencrypted.

Astrak

You might want to try Surprise today, from what I have heard they are supposed to be back up unencrypted. Also heard that simulcasts G and E have been merged, you might want to test this out.

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
Thanks astrac. I have Simulcast G and White Tanks programmed in. When it is scanning, Simulcast G shows up along with Surprise PD and the talk group, and it will hold there for a few seconds but I don't hear anything. El Mirage will do the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?

Astrak

From just a quick run of PRO96COM and analyzing white tanks, I can't receive G from my location, I only saw TG4302 showing up and it is still encrypted according to P96COM. 4301 may be unencrypted, but I have not seen it show up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.