Surprise with BCDx36HP Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

Just ordered a new 436 (Amazon Lightning Deal), purchased, not yet shipped. Downloaded BCDx36HP Sentinel. Opened said Sentinel, and was surprised to see:

Database
USA
Canada
Favorite Lists
Home 1
Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC)
(Containing all 20+ Agencies, all TGs, and all Sites, and Data.

That's some eerie mind reading going on, lol. If this was on the scanner, I would say the scanner was used, but a brand new software download?

Just curious, almost knocked me off the captain's chair, lol.

Thinking back several years to my first HP-1, Sentinel could have easily looked exactly like this AFTER I created my first FL.

Last edited:

rwier

In the HP-1 Sentinel, created a hpe file of my primary FL, saved it to the Desktop, imported it into the 436HP Sentinel, and shazam, saved untold hours of sorting, deleting, renaming, and other editing, of about 30 Agencies, 50+ Analog Frequencies, multiple hundreds of TGs, and Sites. Have about 20 other FLs in the HP-1 Sentinel to do the same for when ranging away from home.

I remember back in the early '90s, sitting in a motor home out at PIR, spending about 3 hours per race, hand typing driver names, car numbers, and frequencies into two scanners, preparing for the NASCAR races. When it comes to scanners, the "good old days" are now.

troymail

Silent Key
Just ordered a new 436 (Amazon Lightning Deal), purchased, not yet shipped. Downloaded BCDx36HP Sentinel. Opened said Sentinel, and was surprised to see:

Database
USA
Canada
Favorite Lists
Home 1
Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC)
(Containing all 20+ Agencies, all TGs, and all Sites, and Data.

That's some eerie mind reading going on, lol. If this was on the scanner, I would say the scanner was used, but a brand new software download?

Just curious, almost knocked me off the captain's chair, lol.

Thinking back several years to my first HP-1, Sentinel could have easily looked exactly like this AFTER I created my first FL.

Certainly sounds like Sentinel looked for and found some files on your PC....

Status
Not open for further replies.