Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm

Did I enter the twilight zone or is McHenry county sheriff unsecured. Let me double check to make sure I still don't have Myrtle Beach still programmed in the scanner. Nope tower 115, Lake county tower and yes indeed McHenry county sheriff is in the clear. SHHHHH don't let anybody know they will secure it. Now if these other towns would wake up and clear the waves. Yes Mchenry county sheriff is in the clear. Just returned home from myrtle Beach tonight. I'm back.

Qoute Retired 25
More interesting listening. Let's keep it quiet. E turning to D. Dude get some common sense before ya open your mouth....DAH maybe go back to work again retirement has your brain rot going.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
IL McHenry

Yes. That was updated this week in the last few days. I'm glad to see more and more in Mchenry are going D instead of that other letter. And yes. No need for play by plays of what is going on. I still can't understand why the County Weather alert talkgroup is "E" Same for Cook County. Perhaps all this recent "transparency" has something to do with the recent government workers caught doofing off in Mchenry county? The taxpayers deserve to hear everything they do in my opinion .. short of Police Tactical and surveillance of course. Been to Myrtle Beach 3 times myself. Golf, Golf, Golf. Ahh the good ole days.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpm

I totally agree with the play by play activity but when one is only reporting a new talk group id clearly in the open. Common sense would tell one that McHenry counties trunked system was secured, don't want to use the E word, and Cary starts their comms unsecured how is that a major situation where one states "SHHH be quiet the E is turning into the D". People use some common sense when making a statement more so the fact is/was this county had secured communications and now they are not secured. I totally agree with TAC channels being secured I have no problem with that, totally agree for police officers safety and not letting the bad guy know we are currently watching you. One individual make comment when secured comms started that his local police were looking for help in regards to a crime committed in his community. Recently Lake county sheriff had a hit and run near me and they advertised with a construction type LED sign trailer about the incident and call if you have any information. This individual expressed himself as if he grabs his scanner and runs out the door to catch the individual that committed the crime. We also shouldn't be running to police/fire activity scenes with our scanners checking things out. I only check fire ground activity unless the call is within my neighborhood as my fellow neighbors do as well. People just use common sense. My two cents worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.