surveillance frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
They are clever

I knew of an area years ago where the locals were trying to come up with the local ic ops. Cops knew they were culling through the old Radio Shack frequency books. They never could come up with their frequency which was assigned to a pig farm a county away. Gotta love them.

bailly2

its 2018, are there any surveillances still on unlicensed or business frequencies still?

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Phoenix PD and most other agencies in the valley use the earpiece that both picks up voice and plays audio, connected to their handheld, all trunked, all encrypted. Using PTT would mean holding a device, pushing a bottom, and possibly being seen doing that. The earpiece makes it looks like someone is just sitting there. I worked closely with Phoenix PD last year as the did a lot of surveillance bringing down a notorious drug house in my area. I got to know the sergeant who ran the UC team and was pretty impressed by their techniques. On a side note they would tint the FRONT window of the car heavily, with double limo tint on the other windows, and seeing inside was virtually impossible, in daylight, even up close. These guys have this down to a science by now, and are operating on state of the art P25 systems and would have no need to use anything other than what they have readily available.

Now I have no doubt that with smaller departments / agencies outside of the big city much of this might go out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.