Surveillance Ops. in OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rananthony04

I've been listening to (what I think is) surveillance ops in Orange Co.(CA) It shows up on TG ID 38432. I know that all law is digital encrypted, so this is a bit surprising, more so that it is surveillance. At first I thought it could have been some security detail or something else of the liking, but then I heard reference to "have the K-9 search for the dope" and switch over to "green" and other OC agencies. I also notice that the trunking freqs are from the north cell, as they seem to only be in the Anaheim, Santa Ana, Orange area. Is this possible? I should also add that this TG ID is in digital modulation. If it is surveillance that I am hearing, why is it not encrypted like the rest of the county is? I've asked the Deputy Coroners that I work with and they dont know anything. Thanks in advance.

Robert

Last edited:

bchrisman

Re: OC Surveillance Ops in the OC

38432 is Anaheim Silver 2 on the North Cell. Probably some Anaheim cops chatting it up on a channel that doesn't have the "encryption characteristics" like the Greens, Blacks, and Greys. Anaheim has 12 Silver talkgroups for their Public Works, Parks, etc. I know other city cops chat it up on their Pink T/G's a lot regarding calls, Code 7 locations etc. I'd listen to it but wouldn't bank on anything too juicy : )

Glad you are finding something interesting to lusten to on this fancy law encrypted system. At least you can listen to SO traffic when you are working...nice perk.

Brian in Trabuco Canyon

Status
Not open for further replies.