Suspect flees police, crashes car, tries to swim to freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusg

Where did he think he was going to swim to? It's aprox 7 miles to the Canadian shore, and he would have to swim across the shipping channel. Anyway Shores CG got him.

bigbluemsp

seamusg said:
Where did he think he was going to swim to? It's aprox 7 miles to the Canadian shore, and he would have to swim across the shipping channel. Anyway Shores CG got him.

I heard this on the news as it was happening. I started laughing when I heard he was trying to swim to Canada.

seamusg

bigbluemsp said:
I heard this on the news as it was happening. I started laughing when I heard he was trying to swim to Canada.
I see Shores CG let him swim for 45 min. before pulling him from the water, not much fight left. :wink:

bigbluemsp

seamusg said:
I see Shores CG let him swim for 45 min. before pulling him from the water, not much fight left. :wink:

I don't blame those guys at the Shores.

They don't get that kind of fun often but when they do, they like to bask in it and play.

I'd do the same thing.

MacombMonitor

That idiot could have killed a lot of innocent people! Maybe they should have let him go down. One more drunk-ass off the road! :evil:

I wanted to make a bumper sticker that said:

Drunk Drivers Kill (and have a subliminal image under it that says)
Kill Drunk Drivers

Yea it's harsh, but if you ever had a friend, or loved one killed by a drunk driver, you'd understand!

But I guess it wouldn't be politically correct, considering many of our politicians are drunks!

Don't get me wrong, if you want to drink, and have fun, so be it! But don't get in your car and drive! And for God's sake, if you do, and the cops pull you over, don't try to out run them! It's hard enough if your sober. Try it while drunk, and they're is no chance of a happy ending!

bigbluemsp

MacombMonitor said:
:evil:

I wanted to make a bumper sticker that said:

Drunk Drivers Kill (and have a subliminal image under it that says)
Kill Drunk Drivers

Yea it's harsh, but if you ever had a friend, or loved one killed by a drunk driver, you'd understand!

But I guess it wouldn't be politically correct, considering many of our politicians are drunks!

Don't get me wrong, if you want to drink, and have fun, so be it! But don't get in your car and drive! And for God's sake, if you do, and the cops pull you over, don't try to out run them! It's hard enough if your sober. Try it while drunk, and they're is no chance of a happy ending!

I'll buy a case of them from you.

I couldn't agree more. Maybe the Coasties should have used his butt as a speed bump or say "We didn't mean to kill him. We thought the waves were getting choppy here." :lol:

MacombMonitor

There is no such thing as a someone being killed in a "drunk driving accident".

Driver: You drank too much, drove your car, and you killed people!

Victim: Was murdered by a drunk driver!

Weapon Used: Automobile, deadly force!

Cause of Death: Person using the deadly force!

No different than murder by a gun. The gun didn't kill anyone...the car didn't kill anyone. The person operating it killed someone.

See how simple our court systems could be!

stiebs81

I don't consider drinking and driving an accident either. It's good to hear the St. Clair Shores Police say we'll be 10-15 with one for 64-10 (O.U.I.L) every now and then.

bigbluemsp

stiebs81 said:
I don't consider drinking and driving an accident either. It's good to hear the St. Clair Shores Police say we'll be 10-15 with one for 64-10 (O.U.I.L) every now and then.

I didn't know SCSPD had their own code for OUI.

I know the state code is 54002

KMTC

haha, trying to swim across st clair. they should have just let him float out there for a couple days

Status
Not open for further replies.