Sussex Co. / Delmarva Power / PSR-500 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
We'll be heading to the Rehoboth area in 2 weeks and I wanted to program the Delmarva Power system in my PSR-500, but have a few questions.

I'm using Win500 and wanted to use the RR web import feature. Since we'll be in Rehoboth and OC, MD I figured I would need the Millsboro, Rehoboth Beach and Whaleysville, MD sites. I tried to import the system with those sites using the default settings (CC only, etc.) and only got the talkgroups. The 2nd time I unchecked the CC only box and received 17 frequencies and 50 talkgroups. I'm just wondering if this will work when I get down there or is there a different way I should import the system. I'm just asking because I won't have access to Win500 when I get down there and would have to make any corrections by hand. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for good systems to listen to while I'm there, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure glad my wife loves scanning, too. If it helps, I already have the Delaware State TRS, OC, MD TRS and Worcester Co, MD TRS and MSP conv programmed.

Roach112683

I wish I could help. I have a Pro-96 and Win96 so I have no idea how yours works as all I have to do is enter DP&L's talkgroup ID into mine for it to work but since I am a police officer I do not really want/need to listen to those so I do not have them in there. Other than that I don't know. I do not know the win500 software.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
We'll be heading to the Rehoboth area in 2 weeks and I wanted to program the Delmarva Power system in my PSR-500, but have a few questions.

You will have your hands full with all those other systems let alone DP+L.
Nothing worth hearing there anyhow.
Personally I like the OC system and Sussex County TRS as well when down there on my
PRO-96.
Unless you are out in Berlin area outside OC I would lock out the Worcester TRS talkgroups.
Stick with OC,that alone will keep you busy.PD North (25th street to 145th street) and PD South (25th street south to inlet), and OC Fire are interesting as well as Beach patrol.
Also keep standard Coast Guard freqs/Marine also.
Plug in 345.000am as well for CG Group Atlantic City Air as they cover this entire coast area for rescue assists.
122.800 for OC airport and local aircraft.
Here is good website for mostly conventional area freqs.
Alan Henney is good source at the beach.
http://henney.com/rehoboth/RB_freqs.htm

Mark
Maryland

Have a good vacation!

Last edited:

pinetree

I agree with mark. I have DP&L in one scanner but the only time it gets interesting is when a bad storm hits the area.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
By the way just back from Dewey Beach and Seasonal Summer Police are using 155.850
as their freq instead of usual 155.0100

Mark

Last edited:

Roach112683

Yeah Mark. We changed this year. The 155.010 is now the talkaround channel. The Database on here has the correct frequencies on it. But that is what we are using now.

I had heard that people were scanning our radios so I guess that was you! LoL

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Mark. We changed this year. The 155.010 is now the talkaround channel. The Database on here has the correct frequencies on it. But that is what we are using now.

I had heard that people were scanning our radios so I guess that was you! LoL

Yes over the years love to hear fulltime Dewey Chief and dispatcher yell at Summer newbies for various mistakes.. :)
A couple years ago on a slow day the Summer newbies were clowning around keying their radio Mikes and Chief came on and blasted them to knock it off..LOL just one example.
I noticed Saturday seemed to be a little less Summer help this year on foot..A cutback? or just too damn hot! Was steamy down there Sat night.

Mark

Last edited:

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everybody for your help. Dummy me completely forgot about the USCG freqs. Glad I posted the message.

Thanks again,

Rich

Roach112683

Yes over the years love to hear fulltime Dewey Chief and dispatcher yell at Summer newbies for various mistakes.. :)
A couple years ago on a slow day the Summer newbies were clowning around keying their radio Mikes and Chief came on and blasted them to knock it off..LOL just one example.
I noticed Saturday seemed to be a little less Summer help this year on foot..A cutback? or just too damn hot! Was steamy down there Sat night.

Mark

During the day there are less officers however last year we had less help as we had abou 20 total seasonal officers and this year we have about 30 so there are a few on day work and about 25 at night. I am surprised you can hear our seasonal raidos unless you were staying in town. I can only pick up he radios on my scanner if I am in town. Of course unless it is dispatch or one of the vehicles. I can't hear the portables unless I am in town. What the town really needs is more money to get on the 800 system for the seasonals like Rehoboth has done. But that is a whole different story all together.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
During the day there are less officers however last year we had less help as we had abou 20 total seasonal officers and this year we have about 30 so there are a few on day work and about 25 at night. I am surprised you can hear our seasonal raidos unless you were staying in town. I can only pick up he radios on my scanner if I am in town. Of course unless it is dispatch or one of the vehicles. I can't hear the portables unless I am in town. What the town really needs is more money to get on the 800 system for the seasonals like Rehoboth has done. But that is a whole different story all together.

I stay about 1-2 blocks outside of town on the "Forgotten Mile" and seasonal radios work
well there except sometimes if incident is on other side of town like Dickenson/Anchor Way then signals can get weak.
Seems kids like this area also outside of town as DSP Troop 7 does nothing about late night fights or noisy drunken teenagers doing vandelism.
You call them and they just do driveby and leave.Sometimes would be nice if Dewey Police covered that area but then again I don't have to worry about parking permits etc..
Guess you can't have it all... :(

Mark

Last edited:

Roach112683

I stay about 1-2 blocks outside of town on the "Forgotten Mile" and seasonal radios work
well there except sometimes if incident is on other side of town like Dickenson/Anchor Way then signals can get weak.
Seems kids like this area also outside of town as DSP Troop 7 does nothing about late night fights or noisy drunken teenagers doing vandelism.
You call them and they just do driveby and leave.Sometimes would be nice if Dewey Police covered that area but then again I don't have to worry about parking permits etc..
Guess you can't have it all... :(

Mark

Yeah we get calls from Treetops and all them all the time but we can't do anything about it. They r so noisey especially on the weekends but when we get the calls and then call SUSCOM about it we don't know what they do we just do what we can and call them.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

Just wanted to update everyone on what I've found so far and also ask a question:

Delaware Two-Way Radio System Talkgroups found:

0-01-212 Ocean City MD taxi cab company
0-01-235 Unknown

Redi-Call Communications Lewes talkgroups found:

0-12-051 Unknown
0-12-021 Unknown (lots of chit-chat)

Also, as far as PD encryption goes, I've only heard a few short bursts the whole time we've been here. Most everything seems to be in the clear.

The question that I have is that I don't seem to be hearing the Fire/EMS dispatches. I have the Sussex Fire/EMS dispatch talkgroup programmed in, but don't seem to hear much and no tones. Is there another freq/talkgroup I should be listening to?

Thanks again,

Rich

pinetree

Use these you will have better luck hearing everything in dispatch and responding
154.40000 WNQO297 BM Blades Fire Simulcast FM
453.22500 KJS921 BM Indian River Fire Simulcast
453.70000 WPOZ485 Sussex County Fire Dispatch/Alerting
453.25000 Fire / EMS Dispatch(TRS Simulcast) FM Fire Dispatch
for the most taxi and towing chatter use
American Industrial & Marine Electronics LTR Standard

tolley

Premium Subscriber
Is 154.400 in Blades down? I haven't been able to hear it lately. I live about 15 miles away and it is strong where I live. Do they also simlucast on 453.500 as well?

pinetree

Tolley, now you got me thinking I havent heard them lately. I was able to hear them with the pro-83 inside the house. Ill check and then post.

Status
Not open for further replies.