Sussex County VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

I know that some agencies in Sussex County are switching to VHF from their old low band systems. I am wondering about some of them.

-Montague, I have not heard anything at all. Is this active or for future use?
-Sandyston has VHF channels licensed and VHF radios in their trucks, but that is all I know there.
-Hamburg has a new listing for VHF, but I am wondering if it is being used yet or not and what tone they are using. I am having a hard time testing due to Northampton County coming through on that channel.
-Franklin has a VHF channel used for ops, but I can't seem to find it.

I am wondering if anyone has anymore information about these agencies or any other agencies in Sussex County that may be switching off of low band. Thanks

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
The entries for Montague are correct and active, I submitted them both over the summer. The fireground frequency is simplex, and the repeater is fairly low powered and located on their firehouse, which is in a pretty low laying area. So basically, unless you're nearby, you're not going to hear either.

151.1525 (91.5 PL) - Montage Fire Operations (Crossband with 46.100)

156.180 (114 DPL) - Montague Fireground

dasnps

That would make sense that I can't hear Montague if they are using a low powered repeater. I can hear their low band dispatches loud and clear, but I guess I'm too far for the VHF channel. And I had that channel for Franklin as their Fireground, like it is listed in the DB. I will give it a listen more and see what I get.

SCPD

QRT
Once Franklin gets Dispatched, they switch to the High Band, for Fire Ground.

Byram uses 154.43 PL 107.2

Hampton- 151.10 051 DPL

Hardyston - 151.205 PL 107.2

Newton - 152.9075 PL 218.1 (Andover Boro,Andover Twp.,Green Twp also)

Stillwater - 154.295 PL 100.0

These are all active, that I have heard FG Ops on.

FYI- Sussex Borough and Wantage Twp. switch to F-2 46.40 for FG Ops.

res5cue

The hamburg fire repeater is offline until further notice due to it taking a lightning strike during Irene.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dasnps

I do get Sparta, Newton and Hampton easily. It is anything further that I have a hard time picking up. Thanks for the help, I'll keep listening and see what I can get.

dasnps

The hamburg fire repeater is offline until further notice due to it taking a lightning strike during Irene.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Anyone know if the repeater is back up and what the pl/dpl code is?

Status
Not open for further replies.