Sussex County VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I know that some agencies in Sussex County are switching to VHF from their old low band systems. I am wondering about some of them.

-Montague, I have not heard anything at all. Is this active or for future use?
-Sandyston has VHF channels licensed and VHF radios in their trucks, but that is all I know there.
-Hamburg has a new listing for VHF, but I am wondering if it is being used yet or not and what tone they are using. I am having a hard time testing due to Northampton County coming through on that channel.
-Franklin has a VHF channel used for ops, but I can't seem to find it.

I am wondering if anyone has anymore information about these agencies or any other agencies in Sussex County that may be switching off of low band. Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The entries for Montague are correct and active, I submitted them both over the summer. The fireground frequency is simplex, and the repeater is fairly low powered and located on their firehouse, which is in a pretty low laying area. So basically, unless you're nearby, you're not going to hear either.

151.1525 (91.5 PL) - Montage Fire Operations (Crossband with 46.100)

156.180 (114 DPL) - Montague Fireground

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
That would make sense that I can't hear Montague if they are using a low powered repeater. I can hear their low band dispatches loud and clear, but I guess I'm too far for the VHF channel. And I had that channel for Franklin as their Fireground, like it is listed in the DB. I will give it a listen more and see what I get.

SCPD

QRT
Once Franklin gets Dispatched, they switch to the High Band, for Fire Ground.

Byram uses 154.43 PL 107.2

Hampton- 151.10 051 DPL

Hardyston - 151.205 PL 107.2

Newton - 152.9075 PL 218.1 (Andover Boro,Andover Twp.,Green Twp also)

Stillwater - 154.295 PL 100.0

These are all active, that I have heard FG Ops on.

FYI- Sussex Borough and Wantage Twp. switch to F-2 46.40 for FG Ops.

res5cue

The hamburg fire repeater is offline until further notice due to it taking a lightning strike during Irene.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I do get Sparta, Newton and Hampton easily. It is anything further that I have a hard time picking up. Thanks for the help, I'll keep listening and see what I can get.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
The hamburg fire repeater is offline until further notice due to it taking a lightning strike during Irene.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Anyone know if the repeater is back up and what the pl/dpl code is?

Status
Not open for further replies.