Sussex EMS Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Does Sussex county or the whole state for that matter,have a med channel like EMRC here in MD? Example,If a medic unit wants to talk to a Trama center what would they be using TG's wise or would it be the statewide 0ef D SW-SW EMS Statewide Emergency Medical channel?
Im programming a new radio here in md and my wife and I travel to Rehoboth area at least 3 or 4 times a year from central md.

Montscan

Premium Subscriber
Each hospital has their own channel which are all pretty active. See Sussex Fire and EMS listings in the database. Beebe hospital serves the Rehoboth area and use the Statewide Motorola Type II SmartZone system (Listed in the database under ‘State of Delaware Public Safety”

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am well aware of the Beebe hospital and listen to it all the time, but what I want to know is what do they use when they need to talk to the trauma center up in Christiana? Do they use the state wide EMS Channel? or the regular Christiana Emg Room Channels on the NCC network?

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
I think I can recall of one time in which Kent County Paramedics reached out to CER for a doctor's orders on one of the CER channels on the NCC Simulcast prior to DSP Aviation arriving to receive the patient. Otherwise, I think most of time they will consult with the trauma center in their county prior to a patient being airlifted to CER.

hey

If it’s a major trauma and they have to go by Trooper2 to Christiana put in 4016 N-CER7 it works in Sussex

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Just put it into my Moto APX7500 both under Sussex and Reho&Lewes scan list. My wife and I get to Lewes 2 to 4 times a year and plan on moving to the Lewes Reho area when she can retire.. Is their any other EMS channels that I should put into my radio??? Also what kind of radios is Lewes and Rehoboth Beach using? Since you are on a Smartzone system?

Status
Not open for further replies.