Suwannee County Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwoodman

Yesterday I couldn't help but notice that the SCSO had ether stopped using its 155.070 Mhz repeater they have been using for so long. To me it seams like they are ether using 155.070 Mhz on digital or they are using SLERS. I heard the dispatcher and other deputies talking on 155.070 Mhz but it was horrible distorted audio. To me it seamed like it was a simulcast of digital audio.
Does anyone have any info on what happen to SCSO's dispatch operations or where their radio communications have moved too? Thanks.

ncsflorida

Premium Subscriber
Over the past week or so they've been on the SCFR channel. I've heard various tests happening on 155.070 that sound encrypted or like a long distance AM station with low volume. I guess its possible lightning could have taken out something.

kenwoodman

Over the past week or so they've been on the SCFR channel. I've heard various tests happening on 155.070 that sound encrypted or like a long distance AM station with low volume. I guess its possible lightning could have taken out something.

Yes I have heard them a few times on 155.070 and they always have low audio. If they are going encrypted on analog than you should still be able to hear them it will just be scrambled. I have no idea what they are doing but hopefully it will get fixed soon. SCFR is 154.160 right? Also the SCSO has a back up repeater on 156.210 right? I wonder why they are not using that instead of the fire channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.