• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SVR-Orion Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Did some google-ing and all the links i was able to find for how to build a cable to go from the SVR200 to Orion, And SVR200 to a dual mount orion were dead links

Does anyone have the correct pinouts/diagram for this these?

Muxlow

Super Secret
When i have the SVR connected with the provided document, The repeater is always on. Pushing the Aux button does nothing. It beeps as if it should be doing something but the repeater is always active and transmitting.

Is there a feature i missed someplace maybe?

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
pay special attention to the External I/O config. There are lots of places to get wrong and it usually will make it power on all the time or never. I can't remember exactly how mine are set up now its been some time, but i remember adding a small resistor between the enable pin and ground to keep it working normally. Also make sure the jumpers inside the SVR are set right, they can be set to either High or Low. And the radio can also be set to either.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Ah yes! The little + - part inside the svr right? Says it needs to be +
Any clue what type of resistor to pop in there?

I have all the IO settings correct so i think its just left to the resistor part.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I think i used just a 1k resistor across that enable line and ground, that kept it from floating up and coming on. Nice little units but a little finicky.

Muxlow

Super Secret
So iv got the SVR working on the radio now.
I made the 2 wire cable for the moto rib and it was working. Few days later i tried and it no longer works. Iv got 3 of these SVR's now and need to program them . Tried about 3 different styles of wires and pins on this damn moto rib and cant get the program to work now.

Rib works as iv read/wrote spectras , cdm's and xts's. So i saw someone had used a Vertex VPL-1 cable and was able to get that to work with their SVR. Picked one up and still no go.

Have the latest software from SVR and tried this on the toughbook with the com port and also on my desktop. Im getting the OPT light come on, and get "SVR-200 Time Out!"

Any clue as to why this is happening on all 3 repeaters? Like i said.. the home brew cable to moto rib did work, now its not. Didnt change a thing other then programmed the repeater

Tried this device of stuff just for the hell of it, didnt work either http://www.ebay.com/itm/3in1-Progra...Coaxial_Cables_Connectors&hash=item4ad7fca31f

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Having an issues connecting the SVR to a Orion/M7100
Both radios are setup as front mounts with system heads

External IO Settings are
This is via programmer
Alarm 1 DISABLED
Alarm 2 DISABLED
Aux 1 CUSTOM Aux 1 Output 2 Aux 1 Active HIGH Aux 1 Repeatr CHECKED
Aux 2 DISABLED
External Mute CHECKED
External Mute Output 1
External Mute Active High

Auxilary Input 1 PTT Control Unit A
Auxilary Input 2 BLANK

I have the Aux 1 and 2 buttons set on the orion but nothing happens.

On the SVR itself i have Jumper 1 set as -. JP8 + J9 i have jumped to itself and all other J's are left separated. Yet the lights dont come on when its connected to the radio

DB9 DB37
1 Ground 7
2 TX Audio Out 11
3 Remote Enable 9
4 PTT Out 21
5 Switched B+ 25
6 RX Audrio In 13
7 COR 22
8 Local Mic In NC
9 On Air Detect NC

The M7100/Orion are the same pinouts and settings but neither are working out. Repeaters work on the M7300 so i know they are not the issue

Apparently something im doing is wrong.. Possibly the DB37 someplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.