SW 7 County Interoperable Public Safety Radio Partnership for Lane County

Status
Not open for further replies.

sep950

Premium Subscriber
I had a question. I have been scanning since the 80's and just got ahold of a BCD996P2 scanner. I am
using Freescan with my RadioReference account and was programming my scanner. While uploading,
FreeScan had one error, which read 'No APCO bandplan available'. I don't know if I did something wrong or because I live about 12-13 miles NE of the Springfield/Eugene Metro area. I use an outside antenna. I can pick up the conventional and LTR Truck systems good. It did program the P25 truck system, it just had the error, 'No APCO bandplan available'. Any help is appreciated.

Sheldon

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
<snip> It did program the P25 truck system, it just had the error, 'No APCO bandplan available'.

I'm confused. Is the radio tracking the system OK - but you're just wondering about the error? Or are you getting no reception of this system at all? You should get a good signal from the Scott Mtn site from your location I would think. Probably several of the other sites as well. P25 systems don't need a bandplan, the radio gets all the information it needs from the control channel. So if the radio is receiving that system OK I would not worry about the Freescan error. It could just be some erroneous error. If the radio is not receiving that system I would try programming it in manually using the keypad, and maybe just one or two of the sites, and set the system to ID Search. If that works you could just finish adding your talkgroups manually and call it good.

sep950

Premium Subscriber
It seems that I got the trunking working. The only problem I have now is when it stops at the public safety, meaning ones like Lane County Sheriff, I don't hear anything. I think that is the only issue I am having. It stops on the public safety which is P25, but I don't hear any transmission. I do get talking on the other P25 non-public safety channels.

Sheldon

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I don't have that radio, but most Unidens show an 'E' on the screen somewhere when it's receiving an encrypted transmission.

Baker845

On most of the Unidens, it will say ENC and the scanner will mute any audio on that freq or talk group that is Encrypted.

sep950

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I had a funny feeling they were encrypted. I was able to get alot of frequencies added, along with some from Linn County and Douglas County.

dkf435

One thing to remember is that all the Scott Mountain traffic is 700MHz and most Lane County traffic is on 450MHz. Every once in a while a Scott 700 will come up with a talkgroup from Lane County but it is encrypted, so guessing a Linn Deputy is working with someone in Lane County.

David

morg999

Eugene Area

I've been picking up some kind of Law Enforcement, on Lane Co. P25 Talkgroup 20165. Anyone know what this is? I found a listing for 20411 Public Works, but nothing for 20165. It might possibly be OSP, but I thought they were all NFM, not trunked.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I noticed 20165 the other day on my 536HP when I was driving through Eugene but I only heard the end of a transmission and never heard it again. By any chance do you remember any of the callsigns or unit numbers if you heard any?

OSP and ODOT are narrowband VHF analog but those repeaters will be eventually linked to the Oregon State Radio Project trunked system. Then, there will be some talkgroups on the SW 7 county system linked to the State Radio Project for interop between the two systems either by linking existing Lane County TGs or creating some new ones.

morg999

I noticed 20165 the other day on my 536HP when I was driving through Eugene but I only heard the end of a transmission and never heard it again. By any chance do you remember any of the callsigns or unit numbers if you heard any?

OSP and ODOT are narrowband VHF analog but those repeaters will be eventually linked to the Oregon State Radio Project trunked system. Then, there will be some talkgroups on the SW 7 county system linked to the State Radio Project for interop between the two systems either by linking existing Lane County TGs or creating some new ones.

It dosen't pop up very often like you mentioned, but it is Law Enforcement , maybe UO Police? All other local Law Enforcement is encrypted around here except for OSP of course.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
It dosen't pop up very often like you mentioned, but it is Law Enforcement , maybe UO Police? All other local Law Enforcement is encrypted around here except for OSP of course.

UO Police is encrypted. What about Junction City or Cottage Grove? Are they still on their conventional frequencies? I wonder if it could be LCC or NW Christian University security?

Last edited:

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
The little bit of traffic I heard that one time was not encrypted on JCPD dispatch TG. I think their conventional repeater is still up too, I heard some JCPD traffic on it in November.

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
Today I also heard what sounded like law enforcement on what I believe was on talk group 20440. Unfortunately I had to go back to work and wasn't able to listen any longer. Any idea what that talk group might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.