SW Arkansas active MIL frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

I live in Hope Arkansas (SW) and am looking for some active military air frequencies I can plug into my home scanner. I’ve been a scanner user for over 30 years and have listened to mil air during Airshow’s but never at my home base. Looking to try something new. Thank you.
Mike

krokus

Premium Subscriber
You could pick up some higher altitude stuff, like refueling comms. Also some low band VHF comms, from ground ops, could be possible.

Mike445

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm in Hempstead county Arkansas. I want to listen to mil air and civilian air. I've never scanned these types of comms aside from at air shows. More and more is starting to interest me now. I've recently started listening to local rail sometimes. It's pretty entertaining. It's a nice addition to my public safety scanning. I've been in the hobby for damn near 40 years now. Time to listen into something new.

Barksdale AFB is 90 milers from me. Little Rock AFB is 110 miles from me. The Arkansas Air National Guard base Fort Smith is 114 miles from me. Would I be able to hear any air comms (obviously nothing on the ground side)? What about the air sectors? I just don't know where to start when it comes to air/military scanning.

Thank you
Mike

Mike445

Well I got my answer from a Facebook group. I put in all air bases within 150 miles. Lots of activity. I put in the RAGC sited within 120 miles. Also lots of activity in civilian and military bands.

If anyone can recommend anything else like refueling frequencies down here that would be great.
Mike

Bhawk27

Premium Subscriber
Well I got my answer from a Facebook group. I put in all air bases within 150 miles. Lots of activity. I put in the RAGC sited within 120 miles. Also lots of activity in civilian and military bands.

If anyone can recommend anything else like refueling frequencies down here that would be great.
Mike

Try the MilRadioComms website as well: MilRadioComms - Military Radio Frequncies, HF, VHF, UHF

Air refueling freqs for all sectors are documented there. They have a lot of other great resources if you’re interested in MilAir monitoring, and a good real-time database of listener-reported frequencies.

Mike445

I have some great military air frequencies that are active (including cheap suit playing a selection of music on and off this afternoon)

I found this map of MOA’s in our area and am wondering if anyone hears them and has the frequencies for them. Shirley MOA has some in the military wiki. They are from 2006 so I don’t know how accurate the info is. Here is the MOA map...

Attachments

• ECA49447-B450-45B0-AD7F-3B93A18CB485.jpeg
    ECA49447-B450-45B0-AD7F-3B93A18CB485.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.