SW Arkansas people help pinpoint frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

Some I can't pinpoint Help needed. I'm in Hope Arkansas .

-154.115 RAN 60 This frequency is designated as Nevada County Rescue North but its farther than Nevada county. I would say within 110 miles of Hope AR. I can't figure it out though.
-155.655 031 is supposed to be Howard County SAR repeater but all I'm hearing is NAC 031 from Camp County SO in Texas. Has anyone ever heard anything from Howard county on this frequency?
-154.040 CC8 TG 151
-158.805 CC1
-155.550 digital noise. I can't get it to decode!
-155.040 digital noise. I can't get this to decode either!
-154.100 CC1 TG 11.
-154.415 CC12 TG41.

More to come. When I have more time and I'm not tired I'll go through my list of questionable entries/frequencies I've found. If anyone has any they have found in SW AR or NE TX post them here. Maybe we can get them sorted out.
Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
With fall starting and the tropical systems active, the bands are nuts in the Southwest/Southeast USA... Ducting is active on VHF High, UHF, and has been insane on 700/800 MHz lately. Some of us have logged MSWIN in mid state MS down in NOLA, and over in TX. TXWARN in NOLA, and in Coastal AL. VHF High hits from MOSWIN as far away as NOLA, Jackson, MS, and Coastal TX before my contact lost power due to flooding. Your two non decodes, look like CC's for MOSWIN. You literally can get VHF high in big tropo ducting up to 500 to 600 miles easily. Try an rrdb FCC search and see what we have listed, you may get lucky.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
155.550 in TX that we have known...
AR,
MS,
TX for 155.040.. NOTICE THIS IS ALSO A GATRRS TRS FREQ!
MO this is a MOSWIN freq!

zenomorf

With fall starting and the tropical systems active, the bands are nuts in the Southwest/Southeast USA... Ducting is active on VHF High, UHF, and has been insane on 700/800 MHz lately. Some of us have logged MSWIN in mid state MS down in NOLA, and over in TX. TXWARN in NOLA, and in Coastal AL. VHF High hits from MOSWIN as far away as NOLA, Jackson, MS, and Coastal TX before my contact lost power due to flooding. Your two non decodes, look like CC's for MOSWIN. You literally can get VHF high in big tropo ducting up to 500 to 600 miles easily. Try an rrdb FCC search and see what we have listed, you may get lucky.
every once in while i hear AWIN traffic on LWIN towers when i am in LA.

Mike445

Thank you! I didn’t even think to look further than north east Texas. I appreciate the reply. Hopefully I can get it all figured out.
Mike

Mike445

155.550 in TX that we have known...
AR,
MS,
TX for 155.040.. NOTICE THIS IS ALSO A GATRRS TRS FREQ!
MO this is a MOSWIN freq!
Ohh and I forgot to mention this antenna picks up like crazy. On a bad day I’m getting 120 miles radius on VHF high.

Mike445

Mike445

What antenna is this? What coax are you using?
All I know is it is a Midland. I don’t know anything else. It was given to me but it works fantastic especially on VHF. I am guessing it’s a VHF only or perhaps a dual band antenna. I’m using RG8X cable.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.