SW Broadcaster/Genaral Radio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

It there a station that talks about the subjects of SW Radios(equip, antennas, etc...)

I heard a advertisment on one SW station but dont remember the freq about Eton/Grundig Radios.

I know there are networks/radio shows that talk about different topics
(like trucks, ghosts, boats, avation) but is there , or WAS there ever a topic about SW Radios, and the listening hobby "Over the Air"?

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
There is a very popular and allegedly good show that comes over one of the cuban stations in english. not able to check anything rigth now, so maybe this will job someones memory and they can help you out! :) I'd like to hear it myself.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You're probably thinking about Arnie Coro's show over Radio Habana...he doesn't talk about receivers much, but he does give out tips and other items as well. He's got an impressive Heathkit based shack - there's someone who knows the business end of a soldering iron!

Anyway, at one time, my old friend Ian McFarland had a show on RCI that featured receiver reviews read off by the head honcho of Passport, Larry Magne. That show has long since faded, and besides, there are lots of places to find receiver reviews. There's quite a few in our Wiki.

73 Mike

ridgescan

I dont have specifics sorry but one of the Christian stations-either WWHI or WWCR has a 1 hour show on SW DX and propagation-heard it a couple times but never took note. Theyre out there.

SAR923

Radio Netherlands used to have a good DX show. Don't know if it's still on the air but the WRTH should tell you. Believe it or not, one of the best DX shows used to be on the old Radio Moscow. They had a lot of good tips on receivers, antennas, and station reports. At the same time they had the woodpecker running on other frequencies trying to block stations they didin't want Eastern Bloc countries to hear. Weird times back in the 60's.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
DX Jukebox - which morphed into Media Network - on R Netherlands went off a while back, and has moved to a blog format.

As for WHRI or WWCR, Glenn Hauser's World of Radio is on both, and once in a while he'll mention receiver news. WHRI also has (used to? Haven't checked in a while) DXing with Cumbre, which is a pure DX news show. World of Radio is often repeated throughout the week...73 Mike

Shortwavewave

Thats funny I just asked this question, and just heard DX Cumbre 7.315 AM, the guys was listing some other freqs to listen to not sure about what it 12:09am central time here that would be 5:09UTC

Shortwavewave

Sorry "it was 12am" and I was in pirateradio IRC chat when another fellow pointed it out and was shocked he was listing off freq from other shows, and DX material.

Status
Not open for further replies.