SW Jeffco Fire, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lower North Fork Fire Victim Assistance Fund Drive

Can You Lend a Helping Hand?

Lower North Fork Fire Victim Assistance Fund Drive

The news is filled with images of devastation wrought by the Lower North Fork Fire. For some, it will be impossible to replace that which has been lost. For others, with time, things will return to normal. Our hearts go out to all those affected by this disaster.

Elk Creek Fire Department is joining with the Mountain Resource Center to collect cash donations to assist victims of the Lower North Fork Fire. If you would like to help, please send your donation check to:

Mountain Resource Center
P.O. Box 425
Conifer, CO 80433

Please be sure to write, "Lower North Fork Fire Fund" on the memo line of your check.

For additional information, contact Chaplain Beth Graham, Elk Creek Fire Department, 303-816-9385, extension 15, or the Mountain Resource Center, 303-838-7552.

On behalf of the Elk Creek Fire Department and Mountain Resource Center: Thank you.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Current Verified list of Structures Damaged by the North Fork Fire

17000 Elk Ridge Road
13637 Kuehster Road
13657 Kuehster Road
13801 Kuehster Road
13807 Kuehster Road
14419 Eagle Vista Drive
14440 Eagle Vista Drive
16950 Elk Ridge Road
17020 Elk Ridge Road
17050 Elk Ridge Road
17051 Elk Ridge Road
13647 Kuehster Road
18656 Rocky Top Trail
18516 Rocky Top Trail
18776 Rocky Top Trail
18726 Rocky Top Trail
18006 Rocky Top Trail
13097 Arrowhead Springs Trail
13697 Arrowhead Springs Trail
13707 Arrowhead Springs Trail
17254 Arrowhead Springs Trail
17223 Arrowhead Springs Trail
14141 Broadview Circle
14201 Broadview Circle
14409 Eagle Vista Drive
17986 Rocky Top Trail

rdrunnermedic

NIFC Air Tactics 166.675 CSQ active this morning. LE Group ops are still on MAC 1-MET (4000), unknown on any other freq changes.

Edit: I believe there was some discussion in another thread of NIFC Air Tactics 170.000 being active too. So far I haven't heard anything on it but you might want to keep an eye on it as the day goes on.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The Lower North Fork Fire is now 90 percent contained announced the Jefferson County Sherriff's Office.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
aircraft pictures courtesy of Tim Tonge.

Jim<

Last edited:

Moosemedic

Over-over simplified

Or perhaps FERN? (154.280)

One would have the impression that this is the First Time this Elk Creek Chief had fought a fire in Colorado. Surely it's not too hard for Elk Creek to have permission to be on 151.340 ? Aren't Incident Commanders supposed to be stationary anyway?

The 9News report would give us the impression he's going to be the one to create a Task Force to see how two agencies that have fought fires side by side for decades can talk to each other.

Something else I'm curious about; It's Red Card training season. Has anyone asked if the local Fire Departments were part of this prescribed fire? I'm wondering if Elk Creek and North Fork (and others) had new Firefighters helping with the line building as part of their field exercises for the 130 / 190 courses.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Sounds like maybe he should have been carrying two handhelds the whole time. Am I over-simplifying this?

My wife, who knows nothing of radios, said the exact same thing during the story.

It's probably just a VFD looking for dollars to do some radio upgrades, which is fine, but aren't both CSFS and Elk Creek VFD on VHF? I know CSFS has some talk groups on DTR, but i'm pretty sure they're still using VHF as well (like DOW)?

rfburns

Premium Subscriber
It's probably just a VFD looking for dollars to do some radio upgrades
It's likely that they have already received matching grant money for VHF radios from the USFS. If not, they've been asleep when it comes time to writing a simple grant. If 9WTK was really on top of the story, that is what they would be checking into.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Audio from when it first started

Thanks to Steve

Just PM me with an email address if interested, the RR system will not accept the zip file upload.

Jim<

jfab

In Boulder county we have an "extended attack plan". Its a bank of 16 channels that (mostly, if not all) radios in the county have. It is made up of VTAC, Fern, and Boulder County "red" channels, and each channel is given an assignment (Vtac 11 is division A, Vtac 17 is staging, etc). We also have the CommVan at the staging location so units coming in from outside the county can get their radios cloned before they head to the fire line. The plan was put into place after the Four Mile Fire, so hopefully JeffCo can learn from this and develop something similar. The extended attack plan seems to be working for us pretty well.

rfburns

Premium Subscriber
We also have the CommVan at the staging location so units coming in from outside the county can get their radios cloned before they head to the fire line.
What brands and models of radios can they clone?

jfab

What brands and models of radios can they clone?

I know they can do BKs, but Im not sure about anything else. I asked if they could add a channel to my HT1000 on the Lefthand fire and they couldn't, but that doesn't mean they can't do more. However, I never seen anything but BKs used on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.