SW Oxford FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

I've been monitoring SW Oxford Dispatch on 154.100 and hear the dispatcher but not any responding units. I'm listening to the Tillsonburg tower and thought I should hear the trucks as well as dispatch. I'm wondering if they are responding on a different frequency?

I've also noticed that when paging stations the CTSS Tone briefly appears at the first second of the page. If watching quickly there is a different tone for each station.

So far:

100.5 for Beachville
167.9 for Mount Elgin

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Oxford County Fire Depts have switched to a new DMR radio system. They are toned out on the usual channel, you won't hear any trucks on the old freq. You will hear dispatch acknowledge that the trucks are on the air on the 154.100 as this way all the firefighters will know whether the trucks are enroute. When they first switched there was some confusion on whether the trucks were on the air as they couldn't/can't here when the trucks were on the air through their pagers. The new freq is in the database.

jasoyeom

Thanks. How does dispatch know trucks are responding? Are they hearing it on the input of the dispatch frequency? It sounded like they were all on the dispatch frequency until she told them to move to an ops/tac channel.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how dispatch hears them, maybe some sort of patch. I do know that the firefighters were upset when they initially switched to the new system, they would be toned/paged out on the old freq. Then they would respond on the new system so the FF's didn't know/hear if anyone was bringing the trucks. As you know it would have been way too expensive to buy all the FF's their own radios so they modified the tone/page out.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks. How does dispatch know trucks are responding? Are they hearing it on the input of the dispatch frequency? It sounded like they were all on the dispatch frequency until she told them to move to an ops/tac channel.

They hear it on the digital side.

Status
Not open for further replies.