Sw1040 first-time program online

jt1535

Premium Subscriber
The first program, win500, is an online download program for free for 30 days. Now, after 4 to 5 years, you can not use or delete the program to download the program again. Is there anything that can be done to use the program again for free? Not to be Cheap, Dialysis just takes a lot out of my money, and there is not much of it around cash.

Ubbe

You can probably run a virtual machine or virtual workstation that they use, among other things, to test virus that then don't have access to your original windows installment and can't infect it. It uses a windows registry of its own and the program you run would have no contact with your original windows and would not know of any already installed programs in that Windows.

I haven't tested it myself but should work.

/Ubbe

tvengr

Well Known Member
The author of Win500 has disappeared. The site has still been active, but there has been a problem getting the key after paying for it. You can use ARC500 or PSREdit500. Both are paid programs, are excellent., and have a free trial period. I use Butel ARC500 Basic to program my Radio Shack PRO-106, the older brother of your WS1040. The Pro version adds logging and recording. I believe there is a limited number of uploads and downloads during the free trial period for the ARC software. I just checked the Butel website and ARC500 Basic is currently $10 off. ARC500 BASIC 2024 software download

tvengr

Well Known Member
Is there anything that can be done to use the program again for free?
I have an ARC500 file for Kosciusko County which I would be happy to share with you for programming your scanner. You can use ARC500 or PSREdit500 for the free trial period to upload the file to your scanner.