Swannanoa North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeportland

Premium Subscriber
I currently live in Swannanoa North Carolina

I want to monitor Swannanoa fire department but I'm not sure what which frequency or talk group to use ?
Which Police Department they use in Swannanoa North Carolina ?

Is this what I have programmed in for 700
2001 sheriff ch1
2002 sheriff ch2
2004 sheriff ch3
----------
Swannanoa FD 4008

teufler

jake, your town is a volunteer dept, 155.865 tone 151.4. I would bet that the county takes care of you so monitoring the county is your best shot.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Jake I sent a file to you weeks ago for your scanner to the email address you gave me it has all the system you need for your area.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Swananoa VFD has not transitioned to the 700 yet so you should hear all the comms on the VHF. Law Enforcement is by the SO if I remember correctly, and they are simulcasting VHF and 700 currently. Eventually they will all be on the 700, but that is still a few months off. Only other action is NCSHP and MAMA on VIPER, and very soon VIPER P25. ( From what has been said, most of VIPER P25 should be fully alive by early 2015.)

KM4WLV

Swananoa VFD has not transitioned to the 700 yet so you should hear all the comms on the VHF. Law Enforcement is by the SO if I remember correctly, and they are simulcasting VHF and 700 currently. Eventually they will all be on the 700, but that is still a few months off. Only other action is NCSHP and MAMA on VIPER, and very soon VIPER P25. ( From what has been said, most of VIPER P25 should be fully alive by early 2015.)

Just a heads up, the VIPER P25 migration/switch over is 100% complete. If anyone outside NC reads this and you're programming anything for VIPER use the VIPER P25 system link in the database for ID's, sites, etc.

Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Project 25 Trunking System, Varies, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.