Swan's Island 33.70 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VHFDxer

Since a few days, the solar activity is high enough to propagate low vhf
frequencies into Europe.
On Oct 20, I heard on 33.70Mhz a male dispatcher mentioning Swan's Island several times talking about an accident with injuries, mentioning Marguerite Road and Eastbound.
,I wonder if I really heard Swan's Island Dispatcher. Is this Fire or Emergency? Are they indeed using 33.70 Mhz?
Hope anybody can help me . Many thanks,
Max
The Netherlands

N1BHH

They are probably still dispatching their volunteers on 33.7, they are now dispatched by Hancock Regional Communications center on 154.25 and operate on 154.175. That's a good catch, the bands have been open all over the world.

reedeb

Back in 1980 I was working the raio for my local FD we had a lowband rif for Sanford Maine and Wells Maine [33.86 Sanford/Lebanon and others and 33.70 for Wells/Ogunquit and others along the seashore] One day we heard someone requesting a radio check and I responded that they were booming in loud and clear. The guy stopped for a second and asked who I was. I informed him [using the department name] and then he asked where I was I told him I was in Maine. He was a bit taken back and stated he was in Texas.

Thru the years I've heard Police and Fire and other departments on lowband skip [One day i was listening to CHP in a pursuit. the only reason I knew who it was they were talking about the 405 and such] I used to have 1 scanner exclusivly for lowband and would listen to stuff.

Swans island question

Was it from Swan's Island Maine? The island off from Bass Harbor? I am writing a column for the local Bar Harbor paper and needed some more information.
Thanks

VHFDxer

VHFDxer

33.70 unidentified

Many thanks for the identification!
I am anxious to know what I misunderstood. It is not Swan Island I suppose, but what is the dispatcher saying?
Max

mule1075

Feed Provider
He was saying at the start of each transmission Westmoreland 911 followed by what stations were to respond and what tac channel to operate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.