SWAT situation Virginia Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

tojohnso

If you listen on 5th precinct TAC you'll hear the action. Apparently, SWAT has eyes on an apartment in a complex at Wildwood and First Colonial. Every now and again, they go to TAC 2 of Precinct 2. Helo is airborn helping with traffic.

If you are in the area, stay away.

tojohnso

Finally the situation is clear, scene safe. Roads around area including First Colonial and Old Donation Pkwy are now open.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You should never release information on active SWAT and tactical situations. This could compromise the security of the incident as well as put the officers and the public in danger of their lives.

tojohnso

I thought about that, but came to the conclusion that I disagree in reference to what I posted. I originally found out about it when someone posted on Facebook that there were a lot of police at the complex and the roads were being blocked. It's important that people know to stay away and why.

I would agree had I posted the play by play, which I didn't.

tojohnso

Yes - channel 10 at 11 PM stated a guy was threatening to kill himself and it had been going on since 3 PMish. They had it in the morning news as well stating it ended sometime around 1 AMish but the guy left the scene right around 11 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.