SWFL Milcom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebATC

Hi,

I am finally back in florida, and have been monitoring like CRAZY!!! Unfortunately, my VXA220 is in the shop getting worked on due to some screen problems. I am at SWFL, KRSW area.

I have heard some AWSOME stuff from Avon Park MOA, and a mil scanner is the BEST thing I have ever bought!!

I think I am missing a few frequencies for Avon, but that really doesn't matter, I hear most of the action... I think lol! I have all these frequencies: Military Comms Monitoring. HF VHF UHF

I have AR 716, and two others by Tampa Bay, and the route that ends at RSW. I also have RSW programmed in because it's about 10 miles away from me, but no military on there.

Am I missing any frequencies?? And when/are the AR's around here active?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would view any freqs from milaircomms with some suspicion, as the site has been abandoned for a long time. Long story short, the guy that used to run it ran afoul of the law big time, and has (if rumor is correct) been in and out of prison. One of the supposed conditions of his parole (again, if rumor is correct) was that he was to have no radio-related contact re the internet.

No doubt a much more reliable list of milcom freqs for Florida would be found here...

FloridaMilcom : Florida Military Radio Communications

and Jack NeSmith (who I believe is a member of RR) is in Central Florida, but I'd be willing to bet that at least some of the stuff he reports you might have a chance at hearing. There are some logs from him in the March timeframe on the MT Milcom blog...

Milcom Monitoring Post

73 Mike

CalebATC

I would view any freqs from milaircomms with some suspicion, as the site has been abandoned for a long time. Long story short, the guy that used to run it ran afoul of the law big time, and has (if rumor is correct) been in and out of prison. One of the supposed conditions of his parole (again, if rumor is correct) was that he was to have no radio-related contact re the internet.

No doubt a much more reliable list of milcom freqs for Florida would be found here...

FloridaMilcom : Florida Military Radio Communications

and Jack NeSmith (who I believe is a member of RR) is in Central Florida, but I'd be willing to bet that at least some of the stuff he reports you might have a chance at hearing. There are some logs from him in the March timeframe on the MT Milcom blog...

Milcom Monitoring Post

73 Mike

Alright- thanks!

CalebATC

Thanks for all the reply's!! I have over 2 banks full- about 250 channels now!! Now just gotta do the fun part- programming! Thanks again for all the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.