Swindlers Use Telephones, With Internet’s Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapidcharger

A number of municipalities are using this same extortion racket of using autodialers to nag the fish out businesses who allegedly violate a code ordinance, namely placing a sign in the right of way. It calls over and over, tying up your phone until you pay the fine.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
That municipality is breaking the law. That is if you can't use your phone. I have a program running on a thinclient that intercepts all the BS phone calls and blocks them. But if someone were to send 500 calls to my phone then I couldn't use it. That would be the equivalent to disrupting a utility.

Last edited:

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
That municipality is breaking the law. That is if you can't use your phone. I have a program running on a thinclient that intercepts all the BS phone calls and blocks them. But if someone were to send 500 calls to my phone then I couldn't use it. That would be the equivalent to disrupting a utility.

I know of a former tenant here in this building that actually had that happen, they were calling someone over and over, the person reported them to the phone company and ether the phone company or the LEO`s (can`t recall just who) basically took away the person`s landline phone privies. So this does happen once in a while, but it has to get pretty gnarly before they`ll do anything though unfortunately. N9NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.